Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well i have a 94 accord lx. and a few weeks ago we decided to unscrew my muffler and see how it sounds ( yeah i kno stupid)

well we did so, got to bolts off heard it, took it for a spin, got annoyed, smelled the fumes through my car so i put my car back up and bolted it back on. problem is since my car is so old the gasket was just gone to hell. it totaly broke off soo i bolted it back on and ordered a new one

i got the gasket today and went back under the car and scraped the old gasket off and put the new one on, well i guess since my pipe is rusted some of the pipe came off and stuff soo it wasnt a PERFECT SEAL, probably still leaks.

now living in california im worried about emssions, do you think it will pass? ( i have an aftermarket intake but ill put my stock on one) i probably wont have to do the test for another year but i was just thinking about it now..

another thing is my friend was telling me to just buy an after market muffler and get it welded it on, i dont want to spend a lot of money so i was thining ebay but its not like a bolt on intake where if it sounds gay or annoying i can easily take it off. its going to be welded on ( btw how much would that cost to weld it?)

things to concider: my old muffler has gone to hell, it is rusted behond belief, the end of it is on its last layer ( ill try to get a picture)

so what would you guys do? i need opinions here... ( i dont a LOUD exhaust, nor an expensive one, nor a shit sounding one, i just like the sound of my intake) and if my car passes emssions the way it is right im happy...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking that too, but just wanted to make sure..

i noticed that it is still leaking beacuse once in a while when i give it gas ill hear a different sound, i was just thinking of getting some silicone sealent going under the car and just sealing the edges

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anymore opinions? what should i use that is liquid sealant to seal the edges. my teacher was talking about something like red silicone?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
if its after the cat it wont affect smog much at all cuz anything after the cat doesnt do anything for emissions. but just to a parts store and buy some liquid gasket maker and seal it up.

welding a muffler to stock pipes will definately yield you the annoying fart cannon ricer sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.