Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days I havent been driving my car because the engine no longer stays running..What happens when i do get the engine started is it idles around 2000 then drops a few seconds later to 1500ish then it starts to idle real hard, almost stalling for about 10-15 seconds, then finally stalls out...Then thats it for a while until I can get it started again. When the engine doesnt start at all, it usually turns over for a second maybe less, then dies...Im throwing codes out for the ignition control module and misfire for numbers 2 and 4...anyone have any ideas...... :noo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent been through any puddles, but when the car begins to stall out, that is what it seems like...There can't be anything wrong with the sensor within the intake because the car isnt throwing any codes for a sensor error..

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
have you tried giving it gas to see if it stays alive? it could be a distributor

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
domscivic said:
i agree with that

Damn right you do, Im one smart sum-bitch....

lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been told by a few people that it could be my distributer or definatly something dealing with the timing...Yes, i do try to give it gas as im starting it, but nothing happens..If the car does decide to start at all, it dies as soon as i give it some gas...

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
how many miles are on the car?

if you get cyl 3-4 misfire pull off the wires and look for carbon tracking going up the tubes on the inside

pull out the spark plugs and check condition of them

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive heard that those engines are nasty..lol But I dont have a budget..at all right now, I'm pretty screwed unless i find someone who wants to trade for a b18, even if i find one though, i would still have to get mine out and get the new motor in..... :bash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.