Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is idleing high. Like around 2 grand. its a 88 crx si with 92 ls swap. I have no codes and no apperent vac leaks.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
check the idle air control valve on the TB. try unplugging it and spraying some brake cleaner in there should work! :p

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
u have not clearly explain dept on ur plm. If ur idle idle high after u start the car, then it's normal cuz ur engine is cold.

other than that, check the TPS, IAVC, or Fast idle control.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a similar problem, when i start it in the morning and its cold it would go up to 1,200rpm and when its warm it just suddenly goes to 1800rpm..sorry for my ignorance but can anyone tell me where is the pcv valve located??? thank you.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
nycehonda said:
Check you pcv valve. and if you have a vacume booster check that
If u want to find the vaccum leak. People would try to spray carb cleaner on various components while the engine is running. When you spray a component (hoses, TB gasket, IM gasket, etc.) and you notice a difference in idle, then thats were the leak is.

I'm not sure where the PCV is since i have gsr, but i am only tryin to help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The pcv valve should be located somewhere on top of the valve cover. It is inserted in it and will have a vacume hose hooked up to it, and will have a rubber insert in the valve cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts