Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when i start my car it idles at 1500 and if i rev it up then it goes back down to 1500 but then it goes up 2200 then back to 1500 then back 2200rpms it keeps doing this on its own, and my friend said to clean the piston on the bottom of the throttle body it help a little but did not fix the problem sorry if you can not under stand me i tried to explan it the best i can thanks for your time he also scand it with an compter and it gave me to codes P0505 IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM & PO325 KNOCK SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION BANK and if you can tell me what to buy to fix this :bh

· Registered
103 Posts
this might sound stupid but is your coolant level full ?

if it is then check your iacv i dont know what car you got but generaly its on the intake manifold either on the front or the back its got 2 screws on it and a 2 or 3 wire plug i forget and a couple small prestone hoses now what you do is with the car cold lol is take it off you dont need to undo everything just the connector and 2 bolts now in there is a small screen just check it out and clean it if its clogged .

option 3 Just do a quick check to c if you have a unpluged vaccum hose

and those r the 3 thing that i can think of that would cause a rocky idle hope it helps

low coolant level
clogged iacv
unpluged vaccum

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update 3

well i gave up and when't to honda and the said it is the idle air control valve code p0505 were can you get those i am not paying 219.32 for it and was woulding if the is a good place to get used parts thanks

· Registered
1,332 Posts
you can attempt to clean out the idel control valve. At times they just get stuck with varnish and what not. Use some throttle body cleaner but one thats teflon safe. Good idea to clean your throttle butterfly as well if you havent done so yet.

· Registered
8 Posts
jdmevv/Revenge Motorsports

i highly suggest buying the new one because you dont know how those used ones are going to be usely tired and worn out just like yours its a common problem it has to do with them getting dirty and getting clogged with oil. i see it all the time. cleaning it out most of the time does not help.
there is a couple of places online that sell factory honda parts at wholesale prices.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jdmrevv said:
i highly suggest buying the new one because you dont know how those used ones are going to be usely tired and worn out just like yours its a common problem it has to do with them getting dirty and getting clogged with oil. i see it all the time. cleaning it out most of the time does not help.
there is a couple of places online that sell factory honda parts at wholesale prices.
i cleaned it that was the 1st thing i did and it did not work thanks for your help but what are the to places for wholesale prices

PS if you put a small filter on the valve cover and so there is not a hose from valve cover to the intake it will got no oil what do you think good or still will happen

· Registered
173 Posts
im assuming you mean getting rid of the pcv valve?

not a good idea, IMO, cuz if you do your engine wont run as well as you want (unless you can tune it out) as the computer is designed to take into account a small air intake that is past the MAF sensor (this is the pcv valve).

if you do that and dont retune the car, it will run rich in the higher revs and you might not pass emissions inspection.

dont do it, just get another IAC from an online resource. google it, they have everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.