Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok recently , about 2-3 weeks ago, i started idling at 2500-3000. i can remember anything else happening besides it just starting idling that high.

i just replaced my fuel filter; which helped iensly with power holy crap what a differnce; but no help with the idle.

my valves were adjusted about 2 months ago and it idled mint at 1000 or so.

i DID adjust the idle screw with no avail. i have a vacuum leak but i can NOT find it. but i have ALWAYS had it ever since the initial install of the B18C and even then it idled well.

i dont understand its driving me crazy and killin my gas milage.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

how woulde i go about finding the vacuum leak?

what else could be the cause?

thanks everyone

joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
try checking the stop screw that i think is by the spring on the throttle body. it got loose one time for me and my throttle plate was opening more than it should be raising up my idle revs. you have to use an allen wrench (real small one i forget what size) to adjust it. or something might be stuck between the body and the plate preventing it from closing to its normal state. or you can take out the tb and clean out all of the holes with carb cleaner along with the attached sensors. it could be really dirty. don't really know. just some suggestions. good luck!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
don't touch the stop screw by the throttle rotor unless you have a multimeter and you are prepared to recalibrate your throttle body. Besides if it was loose it would unscrew which would cause your idle to *decrease*.

you need to hunt down the vacuum leak. If you pull off one hose at a time and put your finger over the fitting (be careful not to get burned) you should be able to determine if one of the hoses has a hole in it and replace it. If the hoses are good, then spray carb cleaner around the throttle body and where the manifold meets the head because the leak would have to be coming from either the throttle body gasket or the intake manifold gasket.

Then follow the idle reset procedure in the helms manual.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have problems wit my di6y7

sorry but new and have problems with my sohc nonvtec d16y7 did a rebuild myself but now it dont go more than about 3 or 4 grand revs new hp pistons ,heads ported to the max,type r injectors, aem fuel rail, new intake and trottle body, thanks for any clue what to check :bomb :bash :confused

·
Registered
26 Posts
kommon_sense said:
don't touch the stop screw by the throttle rotor unless you have a multimeter and you are prepared to recalibrate your throttle body. Besides if it was loose it would unscrew which would cause your idle to *decrease*.

you need to hunt down the vacuum leak. If you pull off one hose at a time and put your finger over the fitting (be careful not to get burned) you should be able to determine if one of the hoses has a hole in it and replace it. If the hoses are good, then spray carb cleaner around the throttle body and where the manifold meets the head because the leak would have to be coming from either the throttle body gasket or the intake manifold gasket.

Then follow the idle reset procedure in the helms manual.

Revival of a dead thread. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have a vac. leak. When I check all the hoses and put my finger over the fitting of the hose (or do I put my finger over the part the hose hooks to), what am i listing for after that?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Veronica-Baby said:
Revival of a dead thread. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have a vac. leak. When I check all the hoses and put my finger over the fitting of the hose (or do I put my finger over the part the hose hooks to), what am i listing for after that?
The RPMs to drop.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Veronica-Baby said:
Thank, hun!
So do I put my finger over the hose itself, or do I put it over the part that the hose fit over?

And once I put my finger over it, and the RPMs fall, does that indicate where the leak is?
You put your finger over the nipple on the intake manifold. IF the rpms drop down, this indicates a hole in the hose (most likely). Start by replacing the hose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I assume this is what you're talking about (circled in red)?

While the car was running, I pulled the hose off and the RPM's went insanely high. Then I quickly put my finger over it and the RPM's went back to what they were when the hose was connected

:confused

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.