Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
The final version has been released http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

IE8 is alright. I've been using FF3 for a while now and like the extensions (add block and coolpreviews), bit IE8 runs good and seems to load as fast as FF3. There are some things I like about IE8 and some I don't, but I've gotten used to FF3 and that is my browser of choice right now.

Give it a try.....if only for shits and giggles.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that IE8 displays web pages faster then FF3. Plus stuff like the "In Private" feature are interesting to me (even if I have the full Norton's suite). Also I was thinking of trying out the Live portions of Windows and I think IE8 has some features that integrate with them.

FF is OK, and I have it on my desktop too, but I just find myself using IE more often.

· Registered
984 Posts
I heard that IE8 displays web pages faster then FF3. Plus stuff like the "In Private" feature are interesting to me (even if I have the full Norton's suite). Also I was thinking of trying out the Live portions of Windows and I think IE8 has some features that integrate with them.

FF is OK, and I have it on my desktop too, but I just find myself using IE more often.
Have you tried Opera or Google Chrome? Opera runs efficiently and smoothly, if they had ad block i would use it more often than FF3. And I am never going to use IE again after getting spam with ad ware back in the days. Yea they probably fixed everything and what not, but I just don't feel safe running IE.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
As far as pages loading faster, you can "tune" every browser, so that is an irrelevent arguement lol.

Ive used each version of opera, firefox, safari, and IE since 2000 at various times, and I still recommend firefox over the others. You can tune firefox the easiest.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
google chrome is worthless

· Registered
10,346 Posts
why do you think they are promoting it so much? now microsoft can pay google to give up any info towards finding pirated copies of installs and shit. Fucking bastards!!!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
You know its gonna happen, even if they claim its against agreements or whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.