Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if id have to get new shox if i got new 17 wheels and the neuspeed sport springs. My car is a 97 lude and the ride quality on it now is good. its all stock but i just wana eliminate the gay wheel gap. I was wanting them koni yellow shox but i dont have the money for them right now. If im to get the new wheels and new springs will that fuck up my stock shox or make the ride quality really shitty??

· Registered
12,727 Posts
neuspeed sports on stock shocks ride awesome. I had no problems running that set up back in the day...I switched the skunk2 coilovers for adjustability and stiffer ride.

· Registered
395 Posts
i had the same setup before i replaced the stock shocks with kyb's about a year and a half later. by maybe a year i could notice the ride gettin a little bouncy due to the shocks wearing. when i replaced them, they weren't bad but i decided to replace the stock shocks anyway. the lower the profile on your tires the rougher the ride is gonna be. you lose that cushion that the 50 series stock tires give. lower profile tires, stiffer shocks will improve your handling. but you'll be fine, as far as ride is concerned, with stock shocks for a good while. enough time to save for new shocks.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
you could save a lot on install costs if you were to put them on together.....or save yourself a lot of back pains and sore hands from only doing the install once yourself:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.