Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to borrow my brothers car for this winter, but if not I have to drive the GSR. How bad/hard is winter on turbo car w/ intercooler, I know ofcourse to avoid snowplowing and getting snow in intercooler, but anything else to worry about?

Thanks!

Mark

* Pumped to race on MT's this weekend'' :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
with the cooler air, the turbo will be pullin nicely...thas why i love driving my car home from work at night! chilly air = mad pull! heheh

anyway if ur gonna drive in the snow and ish, just take it easy and dont' boost in the snow and wouldn't the snow on the intercooler chill down the charge even more?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
think about it man..that cold frosty air flowing into ur intercooler...mmmm tasty:D look for some slight gains (i think)

·
Registered
500 Posts
why would snow on the intercooler hurt anything? it would just be like ice on your intercooler cooling the air down. water doesnt get in your intercooler at all (at least it shouldnt). my problem is gonna be that my car sits 3" off the ground. the only problem snow would cause is air getting through to the radiator but it would do the same as on a car without an intercooler

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
winter'

Can't enjoy the cool air much when I am driving in the snow/ ice!! But til' then :)

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
Spokane winters...they suck! Good thing I don't live there anymore. I remember once it snowed close to 2ft of snow and I had to walk through the snow to deliver papers.:rolleyes: Anyways, what I would worry about is the salt they put in the snow to melt it. Just make sure you wash off your car and intercooler once and awhile to get that salt off. And nice runs by the way Mark. Did your bro ever hit 9s?? take care.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
snow...

Honda Sport said:
Spokane winters...they suck! Good thing I don't live there anymore. I remember once it snowed close to 2ft of snow and I had to walk through the snow to deliver papers.:rolleyes: Anyways, what I would worry about is the salt they put in the snow to melt it. Just make sure you wash off your car and intercooler once and awhile to get that salt off. And nice runs by the way Mark. Did your bro ever hit 9s?? take care.
Yeah don't want any surface rust starting on intercooler', hope I don't have to drive it. * Thanks for the prop's car felt strong' Bro' added' Nos and still huge traction issues even w/ 26" 's need traction bars, Nos broke him into the 140's mph!!! Take a look at link for his car!! NX2000!

Mark

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=norton&album_id=100824

1 - 12 of 12 Posts