Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if things couldnt get any worse!! cut frame<constant overheating,bent frame, now what

if things couldnt get any worse!! cut frame<constant overheating,bent frame, now what if things couldnt get any worse!! cut frame<constant overheating,bent frame, now whatwell i am never buying a car again as far as i am concerned i will walk everywere, or go omish and horse and buggy myself everywere. well i have a big decision to make. i am thinking about pulling the motor (h22) out of my frame cut lude and either parting out the car, or fixing the frame (its not all that bad if i could post pics i would but im not sure how) some advice would be greatly appreaciated. the car just overheated on me when i drove it around the bock and down the street a couple times i didnt hammer on it the only thing i did was turn the heat on (still a little cold in wisconsin) and all of a sudden my temp gauge went all the way up and my check engine light came on. i limped her home, stopping every couple hundred yards to let her cool down, now i didnt notice any coolant around my driveway but i will look again in the morning, right now i am too pissed off to look at the driveway let alone the car, i did go out a couple hours later and started it back up just to make sure she didnt lock up on me, now alot of my wiring is just laying around my engine bay, im not sure what motor came in this car but i was told that it should have been a direct bolt in wiring match swap but apparently i was mistaken or someone didnt know what the hell they were doing when they swapped this motor out,(plugs just lying around) the car is a 96 with 94k on the body its in damn near perfect condition (except for the f*(king frame!!!! ) but one thing is for certain i fell in love with the prelude and if worse comes to worse i will buy another one but i am leaning towards pulling this motor and re doing the swap, probably giving the engine a good one over(new pistons, rods, seals,gaskets,possibly valves and hopefully cams) i would then fix the frame at the same time, i have done swaps in del sols and my widebody rex but thats it never a lude, so please if anyone has any answers to my list of problems please help i am a new luder down on his knees please help.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry about that huge text man that huge its late and i am so much anger i wish i could beat the shit outa the people that sold me this car, well i guess i learned me a lesson (dont trust this kid tommy from red bud il) and that with the help of a few fellow luders i may one day have a great car

its late and im spent

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
needed to add a few wires to the swap, vtec wires, knock sensor...
take your time, breathe deep, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

your car can be fixed. unless you have the money for the civic hb swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.