Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell is the ignition wire in the 88 Si? I know that I could just take the ignition apart and it would be right there but I would rather just splice into the ignition wire near the fuse box. If anyone knows the color, location or anything about the ignition wire please let me know. I am splicing into it for an alarm system I got. Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
black/yellow on my Accord

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its different on a CRX though but thanks for the attempt... :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually did a little research and figured out that the black/yellow wire is the ignition wire. Now what I need to know is if it is a positive or negative feed...My friend seems to believe that all dual colored wires are negative. So should I assume that I should continue searching for a solid colored wire from the ignition. Such as the yellow one?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its cool I figured it out kinda... :ahh

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
RicerGSX said:
I actually did a little research and figured out that the black/yellow wire is the ignition wire. QUOTE]

told you so :D what is great with Hondas is they use good standards for all their products

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah nothing against your input I just wanted to do some research and make sure that nothing was different between the two models, not to mention the years. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts