Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
it's been over a year since i've last been here. and now i'm almost done with my car! peep the pics

Stuff you can't see in the photos:
koni Adjustable Shocks
H&R Springs
AC Rear lower Tie Bar
AC Rear Strut Tower Bar
Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Bar
Cusco Front Lower Tie Bar
11" Vented/slotted Brembo rotors, GS-R Calipers Front
11" Solid Rotors, Stock Calipers Rear
GoodRidge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
AroSpeed Lower Floor Bar
Suspension Techniques AntiSway Bars
...and other stuff :D

· Registered
298 Posts
Hey...that car looks awfully familiar...

Very nice looking. :) LOVE the Del-Sol seats. Been thinking about doing that myself, since really nice adjustable racing shells are uber-expensive. How much did those run you?

How is the ride/handling with your suspension setup? You've got a bunch of the same parts that I'm juggling between buying.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mojo-Jojo said:
Hey...that car looks awfully familiar...

Very nice looking. :) LOVE the Del-Sol seats. Been thinking about doing that myself, since really nice adjustable racing shells are uber-expensive. How much did those run you?

How is the ride/handling with your suspension setup? You've got a bunch of the same parts that I'm juggling between buying.

duuuude... that is my 3rd suspension setup!

I've gone from stock to..
GC/Tokico Illumina
Eibach Prokit/Tokico illumina
Eibach Prokit/Koni Adjustable
H&R/Koni Adjustable

I must say, H&R and koni provide a REFINED ride! The handling is waaay better than those coil overs, especially on real-life roads with bumps and things... plus you can adjust the shocks to have a ride with stock-comfort or stiffen it up !

Neuspeed strut tower bar is the only way to go, way better than the other styles. The lower tie bars also put alot of confidence in the turns. Neuspeed and cusco both offer front lower tie bars, but the cusco bar is air craft aluminum, a pretty blue color and cost half the price.

I recently added a AroSpeed Lower Floor bar... connects across the middle of the car. I couldnt really feel much of a difference after I put this thing in, but my natural off ramp speeds bumped up 5 mph. It could fit better..

I got the brakes at www.fastbrakes.com - $700 for all 4 corners, stopping power that would make you cry. The only trade off is you cant put fit wheels any smaller than 15in because the rotors are so big... so there is no need to even keep a spare tire.

You should be able to find Del Sol seats on ebay for less than $400. shipping would be about $80, unless you get it shipped via Greyhound bus ($40 for shipping) the only trade off with greyhound is that you have to pick it up from the station. The seats are really comfortable and hug better than integra seats, plus nobody has them! They also sit about an inch lower so it makes enduring a hard corner a little easier.

I recently got a new paint job - stock color! people are amazed when they see it because 92-95 hatchbacks with a perfect blue hue do not exist... i never even knew that color looked that nice! oh yeah, i painted my side mirrors differently and removed the black stips along the side.

s-type1

· Registered
298 Posts
duuuude... that is my 3rd suspension setup!
Dayamn...after spending the money on three setups, you probably could have gotten a REALLY kill set of true coilovers.

I've gone from stock to..
GC/Tokico Illumina
Eibach Prokit/Tokico illumina
Eibach Prokit/Koni Adjustable
H&R/Koni Adjustable
I've been researching GC, H&R, Eibach, and Progress springs, and Koni, Tokico, Bilstein, and KYB shocks, Progress Coilovers and a couple other true coilover systems as well. It's so fricking hard to decide. The H&R Cup Kit has recently been tossed into the fray as well, since that's what SCC just put on their project EG Civic in the latest issue.

Neuspeed strut tower bar is the only way to go, way better than the other styles.
Got a Tenzo bar myself. I got it really cheap since it had been sitting on the wall of my tuning shop for about two years.

The lower tie bars also put alot of confidence in the turns. Neuspeed and cusco both offer front lower tie bars, but the cusco bar is air craft aluminum, a pretty blue color and cost half the price.
I've got the Benen tie bars, front and rear.

Big beefy pieces. Very strong. Cheap too, since they'd been sitting in the back of the same tuning shop for almost as long as the strut bar.

I recently added a AroSpeed Lower Floor bar... connects across the middle of the car. I couldnt really feel much of a difference after I put this thing in, but my natural off ramp speeds bumped up 5 mph. It could fit better.
Saw these in a catalog the other day. Seemed a bit...unecessary to me.

I got the brakes at www.fastbrakes.com - $700 for all 4 corners, stopping power that would make you cry. The only trade off is you cant put fit wheels any smaller than 15in because the rotors are so big... so there is no need to even keep a spare tire.
Well...if they fit under a 15, that's GOOD, because most of the braking systems I've been looking at from Wilwood, AEM, and Baer are all iffy under anything less than a 16/17 inch wheel.

They also sit about an inch lower so it makes enduring a hard corner a little easier.
Hmmm...I'm short, so that may be a bad thing...although...I'd be willing to bet that any actual aftermarket seat would do the same thing...Did you need to do any modifications to mount them, or did they just bolt in?

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojo-Jojo said:

Hmmm...I'm short, so that may be a bad thing...although...I'd be willing to bet that any actual aftermarket seat would do the same thing...Did you need to do any modifications to mount them, or did they just bolt in?
True, i could have gotten a race-setup for my suspension. But no, a true coilover system is not for me. Each time i bought new shocks or springs, i was able to sell my used stuff for more than i bought my new stuff for. in other words, i've been shopping around enough to find some decent hook ups.

I just came in from re-adusting my lower floor bar and now my car seems out of control. The chasis is definately stronger now and my rear tires are slipping out behind me. i'll have to tune the freakin suspension again.. you should do a bit more researching on the floor bar.. also knows as the "Do-luck bar" which some japanese magazines call the most effective bar your could buy.

I'm only 5'3" and the del sol seats are great. I've considered racing seats, they are lighter and sit even lower but they start at $500 each plus $150 for rails or brackets.. I got my del sols for $350 shipped, with rails as a pair and they bolt in directly

I am also looking into getting me some Z10 Radius Arms - check it out at Z10eng.com - a new product which is getting great reviews from both drag racers and circuit racers.

How much were the benen bars? the neuspeed and cusco both go for about $80 each. I got both of my rear tie/strut bars for $60.

Mojo - what do you plan to do with your car? these parts have been sitting in your garage.. and you're looking for baer/aem/willwood/brembo for brake upgrades? you have an engine being built somewhere or something? race or street car?

A formula that is really popular is to just to a Type R conversion. everything from the brakes to the suspension and motor.. plus you get the LSD and 5 lug conversion =)

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SuperBlueSi said:
I like them plug wires, what brand are they?
The wires are NOLOGY Hotwires. I think you can pick them up for about $160. Most people bag on these wires. I've had them for quite a while and they're still going strong. I'd go with cheaper ones next time though

· Registered
298 Posts
...and i think true coilovers and race springs have a minimum drop of 2" inches. I would never make it through the mountain passes on those things.
Most of the coilover sets I've been looking at are usually a 1-3 inch drop.

I live in Santa Cruz, so I know the mountain passes you're talking about. My favorite drive is Santa Cruz to SF on Hwy 9 --> Hwy 35 --> Hwy 92 west to either Hwy 1 for scenic route or east to Hwy 280 and then blast the rest of the way into SF.

Each time i bought new shocks or springs, i was able to sell my used stuff for more than i bought my new stuff for.
Nice. :)

The chasis is definately stronger now and my rear tires are slipping out behind me. i'll have to tune the freakin suspension again.. you should do a bit more researching on the floor bar.. also knows as the "Do-luck bar" which some japanese magazines call the most effective bar your could buy.
Interesting. I definitely will research that.

I'm only 5'3" and the del sol seats are great.
Heh. I'm an inch taller, so that shouldn't be a problem then. :)

I am also looking into getting me some Z10 Radius Arms - check it out at Z10eng.com - a new product which is getting great reviews from both drag racers and circuit racers.
Checked out. Quite neat.

How much were the benen bars? the neuspeed and cusco both go for about $80 each. I got both of my rear tie/strut bars for $60.
I got them for 100 apiece, but they retail for 130, and 155.

They are HUGE though. Make the Neuspeed bars look like pencils.

Mojo - what do you plan to do with your car? these parts have been sitting in your garage...
I wish. Broke at the moment, and gotta save up for first/last months rent and security since I'm going to have to start paying rent soon.

Planning on doing suspension first, (shocks/springs/sways/bushings), then swap and brakes.

As for the swap, I haven't really decided. Since it'll take me a while before I'm able to do the suspension, it's very much up in the air.

I'd like to do a B20/VTEC, but I'll probably end up with a B18. Either way I'd go all motor. I like the idea of NA much better than forced induction.

A formula that is really popular is to just to a Type R conversion. everything from the brakes to the suspension and motor.. plus you get the LSD and 5 lug conversion =) [/B]
Well...the CTR engine swap is a bit pricey, but the LSD would be sweet. How easy is the swap to the JDM CTR suspension? It works even though the Japanese CTR was for the 96-99 generation hatch?

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mojo-Jojo said:

Well...the CTR engine swap is a bit pricey, but the LSD would be sweet. How easy is the swap to the JDM CTR suspension? It works even though the Japanese CTR was for the 96-99 generation hatch?
I dont see why it wouldnt work. Though, most conversions i've seen are US spec Integra Type R conversions (engine, suspension and brakes)

Its about $5000-$6000 for the engine/tranny
and $2000 for brakes/suspension

I've talked to two 5th gen hatchback owners who have this conversion and they just went on and on about beating porshes at the track (big whoop) but they would rather stand around and chat rather than race with my hatch and my friends porshe through the mountain.. they didnt have much of a racing spirit for dudes that drop so much money into their car...we werent mean to them or anything, we just asked if they'd like to run with us.

But anyway, with the type R conversion, i think the only thing you need to watch out for is the exhaust header and rear sway bar. I hear you need to cut something in order to make the JDM ITR head fit on our hatch and the sway bar would crack your subframe if you didnt add mugen re-enforcement plates.

the Type R hatch is suppose to make the ITR seem mild...and the back end supposedly likes to step out and play.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
woohoo!

I've noticed that my car control has increasing become less and less... for a while i thought i was somehow losing my skill, then i fin dout my rear tire is almost gone! phew, is that a relief

· Registered
298 Posts
Re: woohoo!

Read up on that radius arm setup. Looks VERY cool.

Been researching...well...trying to research the floor bar as well, but I can barely find anything on it other than a small place in people's mod listings on their personal webpages. No reviews.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: woohoo!

Mojo-Jojo said:
Read up on that radius arm setup. Looks VERY cool.

Been researching...well...trying to research the floor bar as well, but I can barely find anything on it other than a small place in people's mod listings on their personal webpages. No reviews.
i'll post about it as soon as I get fair tires for testing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.