Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Mike or N1XON™ i play 360 if anyone wants to play lol, I recently had my baby murdered by a friend (crashed my car) it was a 2001 Acura Integra Ls, had a aem short ram, gsr head gsr cams cam springs and cam gears. was planin on doing a lot to it..

so im in the process of looking for a new car i have a check for 5100$ lol, im lookin for a gs-r this time unless i come across a nice ls i can do alot to.. im lookin to get about 400+ hp.. not sure what i wanna do yet but.. basically everything i can do the the engine b4 i wanna do a turbo..

I live in Orange County NY if anyone knows of any good deals in the area

or if anyone wants to help me with my plans for the car b4 i get it so i can bang things out all help is appreciated :)

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Welcome...I dont know much about B18 engines. But i would really like VTEC to be gone, lol. I think its more for your everyday commuter who wants a little more kick without having to mod the engine. So i would just say go with a Boosted, cammed LS. But then you have to take into consideratoin CR, head flow, $ to power "ratio" so to speak.

Maybe a VTEC head with Toda Vtec killers on it or w.e their called. But thats just my opinion. it seems like people pay more for GSRs just for the fact that it says VTEC. The motor makes what 20 or 30 more hp than your non vtec. So when your going turbo (which you would def need to hit 400+) does it even matter?? Maybe all motor but not so much boosted.

Like i said just my opinion

but lets take a step back. Do you know what driving a 400hp FWD car is like??!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the ls blocks nd trannys are better imo,, what i originally planed to do to my car we ether go all motor and go for the best all motor i can get or doing everything i can do till i go turb..

if i were to go all motor id start with short ram intake,, go for a full skunk2 or greddy exhaust,, get a skunk2 intake manifold send my head out to get ported and polished or even get a rs head,, get skunk2 cams and cam gears, Kevlar timing belt, hondata kpro.. go in that path,, or go for my low compressed turbo'd beast

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Now its time to search. Isnt Kpro for "K"sersies. To tune your pr4 or w/e youd need get it chipped and sockteted. Also search and see what kind of gearing your looking. Tall gears or short gears.

You know getting more than 240hp out of a GSR is pretty hard w/o dropping, what maybe around 5k+ into it?? Probably wouldnt use anything under 91 in that case.

You can have boost and high(er) compression. You better watch that wideband though.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have 5100 for a car nd have have about 7000 to drop right now on a car so if i can get one for 4000 i got 3000 for parts right away then i need to sell my 2005 Honda 400ex for 2500 which i been trying to sell for a wile now.. nd my mom owes me 1000 and my friend owes me 300 so i have a good base to start off.. i have a good source to get parts from so im not worried about that and i could always sell stuff lol...

yeah and i ment hondata s300 lol i was thinking about a rsx type-s so i still got that stuff in m head

and i want more torque so i want shorter gears not sure how to time them yet tho

EDIT: Yeah i think im sure i wanna go the turbo rout in it, :)

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
blocks and tranny? the ls tranny has identical 1st and 2nd gear with much longer 3-4th and a longer final drive. the gsr tranny is by far the best compromise of drive ability and performance. and why would you say the ls block is better than the gsr block. they're both b-series blocks....it's not like comparing a b20 block to a b18b

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Just so you don't waste any money....the only all motor mod that you can do that will still be "turbo friendly" would be the Intake Manifold of your choice.

Read this to find out why you don't need the Hondata unit: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f87/greddy-blue-emanage-346045/

Keep in mind:
< 300whp, you'll be fine with stock internals on a good tune
> 300whp, you should look into beefing up the internals (good tune still needed of course)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i was thinking about getting skunk2 intake manifold, and im shooting for 300hp but in time i wanna get it to like 450hp i plan on bringing it to the track and car shows. i do have truck i use also so..

· Registered
12,453 Posts
hahaha do you have any idea how much 450whp is in a teg?
with that much power, good luck daily drive-ability is out the window. Thats a shit load of power to stuff to the front wheels.

Make sure you do a hell of a job on the brakes and suspension too, your going to need it with that much damn power.

I'd never try to funnel more than 300whp out of a FWD car, but thats just me. You start overcoming the limits of the platform and you really won't be that much faster IMO.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
hey guys, this is off topic but i am in the process of payin off my car, ill have it at the end of the month, its a 94 integra ls and i was just wondering what i can do to it for cheap, im only 17 but im good with cars.. just wonderin what you would sugest to start with...
i would try starting your own thread for starters

· Registered
12,453 Posts
hey guys, this is off topic but i am in the process of payin off my car, ill have it at the end of the month, its a 94 integra ls and i was just wondering what i can do to it for cheap, im only 17 but im good with cars.. just wonderin what you would sugest to start with...
If your as knowledgeable about cars as you say, then shouldn't you know what will make a car faster??

I mean, just throwing that novel idea out there:rolleyes

· Registered
12,453 Posts
well my friend im good with what ive done before, like replacing transaxel, waterpump, termastate, shit like that, honda motors are new to me... along with tuning motors, im good with replacing shit and putting it back together to make it run as good as it did before...
A Honda engine is very similar to any domestic inline 4 banger you may have encountered then. Just look at em, there isnt a whole lot to them. I started working on Subaru's and chevy's before Honda's, talk about different engines, but Hondas are really easy if you buy a shop manual and just get under the hood and check it out.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
alrighty then, any ideas on how i should price a 91 acura legend ls, its got the 2700 v6 in it, body is shit along with the fron seats and most of the interior, motor is pushin 200,000... still does 120 tho
Why would you buy a car thats fucked up with 200k and a rotted body? Give him like $200 for it if you really want it and go destroy it, or use it for parts.

Save your money and find a car in better condition, unless you realllly want a project. If you do, at least find a car with a nice body and a tranny that shit the bed or something, you can find deals that way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.