Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some A-hole snaped off one of my fog lights so i had to take both of them off. Im gong to get some new ones but i want to know if there is a way to mount them behind my mesh grill so that this
[email protected]%T cant happen again? I still have my stock bumper and i replaces the black plastic with wire mesh, can anyone help?Thanks:mad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know it can be done but I've never done it. But how did you get the black plastic off of your stock front bumper to put the mesh in? Did you have to cut it off, because I'm thinking I might have to do htat. thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah I was thinking about just putting it on teh outside. thanks for the input, I saw the post about the type r top grill. I owuld love to get it, but money is real tight right now, even though it's only 50 bucks. Oh, well I'll get one later if you all do it again.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
civicracer3...
Hey i actually did cut out the black plastic from the lower part of the bumper it was not hard all i used was a utility knife, liquid nails, wire cutters, and some strong but bendable wire, i also replaced my top mesh myself with mesh i got at home depot, i will look for the instructions that i used and ill see if i can send them to you

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
well my fogs have been mounted on my grill for like a year now and they only worked for a couple of months, haha.
after a couple of months one of them went out so i just unplugged both of them cause i'm too lazy to figure out what's wrong hahaha

they still look cool during the day though, haha, i should probably just pay the $15 to get them installed professionally. haha
ghost

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
civickid77 said:
civicracer3...
Hey i actually did cut out the black plastic from the lower part of the bumper it was not hard all i used was a utility knife, liquid nails, wire cutters, and some strong but bendable wire, i also replaced my top mesh myself with mesh i got at home depot, i will look for the instructions that i used and ill see if i can send them to you
I'm curious to what you did with the chrome out line on the upper grill :confused:

That is an old pic in your sig, right?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LX98Civic said:

I'm curious to what you did with the chrome out line on the upper grill :confused:

That is an old pic in your sig, right?

I left it on there and put the mesh under it, i didnt cut out the black plastic on the upper grill, check out my web site and you will see. The pict in my sig is old but still has the mesh on it but its hard to see from that angle. i actually need to take some more picts on a bright sunny day where there is no shade.

My Site

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
civicracer3 said:
man, if you could get those directions that you used that would be tight.
I'm looking for them, I have to go through a lot of old e mails

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bryan99cvc said:
does the front of your car look like this?
Yes the front of my car looks exactly like that except that i also have lower mesh grills

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Appreciate you posting the photos and NO disrespect, but one of the reasons I am paying $50 is that I do NOT like the chrome outline on my LX. Not bad looking though even though you can still see the other stuff though the mesh. I also want to loose the emblem :eek:

Later!

That pic in your sig: Is the molding around your windows chrome or black :confused: It looks black in the pic, but hard to tell.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LX98Civic said:
Appreciate you posting the photos and NO disrespect, but one of the reasons I am paying $50 is that I do NOT like the chrome outline on my LX. Not bad looking though even though you can still see the other stuff though the mesh. I also want to loose the emblem :eek:

Later!

That pic in your sig: Is the molding around your windows chrome or black :confused: It looks black in the pic, but hard to tell.....

I really dont link the chrome either i plane to get a black widow kit so i dont want to spend the money on a new grill that i would not use after i got my kit. I do like the other grill though. The trim around my window is chrome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.