Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really sorry but my dashboard where my passengar airbag is makes this creeking noise and i can feel up through the glove box opening that there are screws that hold a bar in place which are loose... there is absolutley no way to access them with a screwdriver when i remove the glovebox and i think the only way is to go in through the top. i dont even care abotu the damn airbag anymore bc this noise isnt small, its HUGE. it is driving m e crazy i need to fix it. so my question is how do i take the airbag cover on the dashboard off? and when its off can it be put back on or do i need a new one? thanks

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey anybody who does custom dashboards know how to do this? i looked in 2 haynes manuals and neither of them go to that detail, they just tell me how to unplug both airbags... i am abotu to drive the car off a cliff soon, i cant deal

· Registered
283 Posts
this might seem like the easy way out or a cob job... but it might work if you can get your hands to the problem and don't mind getting your hands all stuck if you're not careful... but you could try using super glue. If it's nothing important that you'll never see, just super glue the hell out of it and push it against something....:eek: yes yes, save your compliments on my technical skills for some other time.... Thank you, thank you.

· Registered
35 Posts
yeah, i've pulled my dash off before... once you take out the glove box, lay down on the passenger side floor and look up underneath the air-bag. There should be 4 gold hex lugs to remove (10 mm i believe), and one yellow harness to disconnect. Make sure u disconnect the negative from the battery before you pull the yellow cable, and make sure you don't reconnect the battery until the yellow cable is plugged back in unless you want a friendly SRS greeting light when u turn the car on next time.

gug

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the info guys. its probably my fault for being vague, but i dont need to take the whole airbag out, i just need to take the cover off... like the little gray door thats on the dash that covers the airbag... the screws i need are right there i can feel them, its jsut tha ti cant bend a screwdriver in any position what so ever to tighten them... does the cover jsut pop off? thanks

· Registered
1,041 Posts
That cover does not pop off. It is part of the airbag. If you try to pop it off it will rip and your airbag will come out. Trust me. You have to do it from the bottom, remove your glove box completely and then look at it from the bottom. Its right there. Lates

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i guess ill have to do it that way, not liek there is any other way anyway... so xactly what do i do? i know hwo to take the glovebox out and look up, but which screws are what and what am i lookign to disconnect and unplug and unscrew? i borrowed a haynes from a friend and all i remember it having was a picture of how to dissable the airbags, not take them out for anything... thanks for our help guys

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so im gonna disconnect the battery, take the glovebox off, look up and unscrew 4 gold hex screws... and unplug the yellow thing that goes into the airbag? whats the reconnection process? and what are the chances this thing explodes in my face?

· Registered
35 Posts
haha... whoops... i'm an idiot...

basically if you connect or disconnect the air-bag harness while the car battery is connected then it WILL give you an SRS light. just think about what the safest way would be to play with the harness--with the battery connected or disconnected? one of those ways it could blow up in your face, the other way it has no power to go off. u pick

gug

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i did it. i thogth i was goign to get air bagged in the face the entire time but i finally did it. if the noise ever comes bakc im jsut goign to abandon the car and move on. thanks for the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.