Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... I've been running the 04 RSX on 87 octane for a while now, and I often race and redline my car. I was wonderign does being cheap hurt my engine in anyway? if so, I need to start pumping that good shit you all 91 octane.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
if you just have a base model RSX its fine to be pumping 87...actually it wouldnt make much of a difference if you used 91....however if your revving your car to oblivion everyday, then its a good idea to invest in some good engine oil..make sure you change it every 5k...

·
Registered
73 Posts
marshall mather said:
ok... I've been running the 04 RSX on 87 octane for a while now, and I often race and redline my car. I was wonderign does being cheap hurt my engine in anyway? if so, I need to start pumping that good shit you all 91 octane.
Gas doesn't matter when it comes to the longevity of your engine, oil does.
Use quality oil and make sure you change every 3K. Oh, and since you sound like you run your engine into the ground, always make sure coolant levels are as they should be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
vueboy5 said:
if you're using anything less then 91 then ull need to change your oil more often than not, prolly even less than 3k, id recomment spending the ectra 3 dollars on gas and get 91+ as well
wouldnt even matter how many times he changed his oil, his motor will knock and if continues to use 87 he wont have a motor to change oil on :D

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I thought all Acuras (97+) required premium?

Anyways if your worried about your engine not lasting I think your dumb ass should be worrying about the redlining the engine more than what grade gas you use.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
if ur running it into the ground. u need to change ur tranny fluid. get some royal purple/ if u want ur car to last long get some royal purple or castrol synthetic. and yes as everyone else said 91 octane on the type s

·
Registered
451 Posts
it might be a good idea to but 91 octane in at least once a month. it wont hurt. it would also get a small tune up on your car since your running it pretty hard. they will change all your fluids, check your tranny and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I thought rsx type s was 87 octane. What does it say on the manual book?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
terrylee79 said:
I thought rsx type s was 87 octane. What does it say on the manual book?
think about it. its a performance engine. u have to run 91. the manual says 91

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.