Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which is safer for my auto 2000 Civic EX... a 55 shot Zex Nitrous kit or Integra GSR motor & tranny swap?

How much would a motor and tranny swap usually cost... including labor? How much time does it take to complete everything?

How bad will a 55 shot of nitrous be for my auto transmission? Will it cut the life of my auto tranny drastically?

Help me out! My car is super slow!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I'd agree with goin' with the swap. Go to Honda Swap for some info on swaps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ya it should only cost u from $1000 to $1800 if a shop is going to do it if u can do it parts and the tranny should run around $700 thats if u can get a tranny foor about $450 its not a hard job its just swaping stuff out and adding a few things if u look around u can find a kit the sells u every thing u need to swap every thing out

·
Registered
380 Posts
You're not the only one!
I'm putting my LX (automatic) up for sale to get a 5th gen. h/b and a B18C1 :p
Matter of fact, I need to go to the newspaper web site and list it now while I think about it (free).

But, auto's suck a$$!!

The good thing about my situation:
--Car is paid off!
--Valued over $9,500
--Has over 3k invested so the asking price will be $11,900

..plenty of $$ to get the h/b and swap :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
if your want instant power then go with the Nos kit, it will be alot cheaper. but don't use it all the time or your motor will give up. remember idiots blows motor as longas you don't misuse it. be responsible and you will be set. But getting a GSR motor will always better. It will be a constant power, not like Nos randomly.NOS will be cool with an automatic set up because you won't hit fuel cut when you miss shift. In automatic cars all you have to do is hit the gas and press the bottom. simple as that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
gsr98civic so when did moding ones car make the value go up when u do mods to your car the value go's down bro but hope u get what u want for it

·
Registered
380 Posts
hybridhbsi said:
gsr98civic so when did moding ones car make the value go up when u do mods to your car the value go's down bro but hope u get what u want for it
That is the thing. ALL the mods are less than a year old with most being less than half a year old. The wheels have less than 10k, the stereo sytem is worth over 1k alone. But, if it doesn't sell I'm putting it back to stock mode. I'll even buy stock headlights and the red / amber tails will go back on. The only thing that must stay is the cat-back.
The suspension is worth about 1k as well. So, if someone reads my ad and looking for a modded car, maybe they'll bite.

Only thing needed is a B18 :sleep:

·
Registered
113 Posts
GSR98Civic said:
You're not the only one!
I'm putting my LX (automatic) up for sale to get a 5th gen. h/b and a B18C1 :p
Matter of fact, I need to go to the newspaper web site and list it now while I think about it (free).

But, auto's suck a$$!!

The good thing about my situation:
--Car is paid off!
--Valued over $9,500
--Has over 3k invested so the asking price will be $11,900

..plenty of $$ to get the h/b and swap :D
just because you invested 3k into it, does not mean that youre going to get it back....fact is, stock is better

·
Registered
380 Posts
rockwell said:
just because you invested 3k into it, does not mean that youre going to get it back....fact is, stock is better
Yeah, but this one paper I just put it in is free and it will be a lot easier to sell it how it is, then to spend a day putting it back to stock. Which probably means an alignment :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts