Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never ran my car before, or even ran on a legal drag strip before.. but.. I took her out tonight.. and ran her like the dickens.

Keep in mind, she hasn't been dyno tuned for a year.. pushing 17" rims 25lbs per rim..

R/T 1.060 (my best was .862)
60' 2.530
330' 7.084
1/8 10.746
MPH 66.18
1000 13.9
1/4 16.577
MPH 84.40

I have:

AEM CAI
Topspeed 4-2-1 Header
Apex'i N1 full catback
Apex'i V-AFC
ACT Street Clutch w/ Extreme Pressure
Skunk2 Cam Gears
Skunk2 Cam Shafts
B&M Short Shifter

I think if I get her tuned right.. and put on some stock Si rims 15" at 18 lbs per rim.. I'll be hittin 15's.. then in about a month 1/2 i'll be doing the b20/vtec.. hopefully i can pop it into the 14's or maybe high 13's..

EDIT: BTW my CAI cone filter is like black with dirt and grime.. I think I need a new one bcuz it gets soooooo dirty when it rains etc..

What ya'll think? I know I need to work on my R/T bcuz I'm jumping when it turns green when I should jump on the last yellow.. and I need to walk the clutch isn't of just dumping it straight out..

·
Registered
936 Posts
Mafioso said:
Never ran my car before, or even ran on a legal drag strip before.. but.. I took her out tonight.. and ran her like the dickens.

Keep in mind, she hasn't been dyno tuned for a year.. pushing 17" rims 25lbs per rim..

R/T 1.060 (my best was .862)
60' 2.530
330' 7.084
1/8 10.746
MPH 66.18
1000 13.9
1/4 16.577
MPH 84.40

I have:

AEM CAI
Topspeed 4-2-1 Header
Apex'i N1 full catback
Apex'i V-AFC
ACT Street Clutch w/ Extreme Pressure
Skunk2 Cam Gears
Skunk2 Cam Shafts
B&M Short Shifter

I think if I get her tuned right.. and put on some stock Si rims 15" at 18 lbs per rim.. I'll be hittin 15's.. then in about a month 1/2 i'll be doing the b20/vtec.. hopefully i can pop it into the 14's or maybe high 13's..

EDIT: BTW my CAI cone filter is like black with dirt and grime.. I think I need a new one bcuz it gets soooooo dirty when it rains etc..

What ya'll think? I know I need to work on my R/T bcuz I'm jumping when it turns green when I should jump on the last yellow.. and I need to walk the clutch isn't of just dumping it straight out..
If you want my honest opinion...That is a horrible time. You need practice on your launches, try to atleast get 2.3's. Also i don't see you u could have intake, headers, vafc, cams, cam gears, and clutch, and still be at a about the same time as a stock si or even slower.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I do have all those things.. and a Stock Si ran 16.3 tonight while my best was 16.5. Crazy huh? I need to work on my R/T for sure.. and I definantly need to get her dyno tuned.. =\

·
Registered
936 Posts
In case you didn't know, r/t has nothing to do with your overall 1/4 time. your time start once you break the beams. what u really need to work on is your 60-ft time. What rmp were u lauchin at when u ran?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4k rpm.. I need to walk the clutch.. I was just dumping the damn thing.. I got kinda nervous lol =\

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you can work on your 60' you can lick up alot of time. For inslance if you hook nad get a 2.0 60' then it should be about a second off your time.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yeah man my slowmo accord runs a 16.9 mayb it could be your cams need to be tuned. How much gas did you ahve in the tank sometimes that could make a diff. But hey at least you have a potential fast car uinlike me:( Id love to have an si but being in college im stuck with what I have. about rts you could sit at the tree for like 30 secs and the clock wont start moving until you get off the line.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had half a tank for gas.. and like I said.. its been a year or more since I had my car dyno tuned.. needs it badly..

·
Registered
69 Posts
um he doesnt have cams, according to what he posted, and what is there to tune on stock si cams? Im not even sure if the launch is what is killing him b/c i had a 2.4 60' and i ran a 15.6 with just an intake. i think its the rims that are killing your times, get some 15's for track use.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did list cams.. skunk2 cam shafts and skunk2 cam gears.. and yes my rims ARE killing me lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
nothing is killing your time, except for yourself. I see people break 15's in a stock Si. With those mods you have, you shold be running low 15's. You just need to practice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
your wheels are whats mainly killing you...the SI don't have enough toque to really get your car moving with them 17s.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mafioso said:
4k rpm.. I need to walk the clutch.. I was just dumping the damn thing.. I got kinda nervous lol =\
your times will go down A LOT if you get your 60 foot down. Here is what i do when i launch. Rev up to whatever RPM (4k for me at the track) and let the clutch HALFWAY out. You'll want to let it out to the point right before it actually starts to engage, that way you'll only have to move it out a tiny bit to get it to engage. That way you don't have to dump the clutch, you just have to make small adjustments. Your trap speed is also pretty low for a SI...do you have a lot of extra weight like stereo or something in your car? My 00 civic EX got a 10.7 at around 61 mph with just i/h/e and when i put on my 55 shot i went to a 71.8. And when i put on my turbo at 5.5 psi i went up to 73.9 mph. If you can pull around a 2.2 you should be able to break at least a mid 15.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only thing heavy is my rims.. those bia's are huge.. I'm gonna try and run on some smaller, more lightweight rims.. and yea.. I don't think I should just drop the clutch.. I think I'm gonna try to feather it next time..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
my friend ran a 15.8 in his stock si...it's the wheels. mine took a full second off and i'm not posting that 1/4 mile time lol.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea.. there was an Si running 15.3 with just an intake.. (on stock Si wheels.. I was gonna steal em) lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
I actually raced my car for the first time today.. totally stock, at a shitty wet track (it was raining slightly).. full tank of gas and spare tire and jack in the trunk..
i ran 15.500 as a best.. my launches sucked and my 60 ft times were 2.5-2.6
i have a 96 gs-r..
practice your launches and make sure you dont shift while still burning...ive had a standard car for 1 month and a half, and i never practiced my launches until yesterday and ran 15.5 today
Alex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts