Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend and his dad wants to buy my civic, right now it has no fender and a messed up hood, due to an accident and no collision insurance, so i have to get a new fender and hood, but i only have to primer them and not get them painted to match. I'm going to get 2k for it, which is pretty good considering the condition it's in. I cant wait:D :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
congrats ;) you caught a nice break...

what are your plans on a new car?

ghost

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely I am leaning towards a vw gti vr6, ive done some research and i think this is the path i want to take, i know im not getting a honda but i'll survive.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
wapmonk said:
More than likely I am leaning towards a vw gti vr6, ive done some research and i think this is the path i want to take, i know im not getting a honda but i'll survive.
actually those are some kick ass cars ;) they have both trq and hp. and i've heard it's really easy to mod the ECU to get a hell of a lot more power right off the bat.

i'm glad you're opting for the VR6 over the 1.8t ;)

what generation? hopefully the '03 ;)

ghost

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
What year was your Civic? Canyou get a set of used parts at a local junkyard, etc.?

Hope things work out for both parties.;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ghost, I want a 03, but i cant afford it, so im going the 96 - 98 model which will be fine, i opted for vr6 because well first off the older models dont have the 1.8t and also the 1.8t is good and all but in the long run the vr6 is better to build.

shiba-kun, its a 95, used parts for what? the fender and hood, sorry i didnt understand your question:D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
wapmonk said:
Ghost, I want a 03, but i cant afford it, so im going the 96 - 98 model which will be fine, i opted for vr6 because well first off the older models dont have the 1.8t and also the 1.8t is good and all but in the long run the vr6 is better to build.

nice ;) sounds like you know what you're doin'...

congrats again.

ghost

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GhostRider said:
nice ;) sounds like you know what you're doin'...

congrats again.

ghost
haha i try, but i have a friend who is vw crazy so he helps me out alot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts