Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not turbo expert, but I think you have to actually drive or put load on the motor to build boost. And I think the blow off valve would only "blow-off" if it has built boost.

Pix now or ban!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
I'd say vacuum line problem or something keeping it from positive boost. I'd be making sure you have a fuel pressure gauge on it. You definitely need a rising rate regulator for sure, you probably already have one knowing you. I want to see video footage not pics :lmao

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
preludedriver99 said:
I'd say vacuum line problem or something keeping it from positive boost. I'd be making sure you have a fuel pressure gauge on it. You definitely need a rising rate regulator for sure, you probably already have one knowing you. I want to see video footage not pics :lmao
fucking with the exhaust right now. i have good FP.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most cars don't build boost unless they are driving...your BOV won't go off until there is positive pressure...I certainly hope you didn't put all that work into your ride so you could sit still and try to hear your BOV....get out and kill some V-8's!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Oh and it has nothing to do with your car not being in gear not building boost. How the hell would a turbo know whether or not your in neutal or 3rd gear for example. Your bov should be perfectly functional sitting still, you hear people all the time showing off their bov when they're not moving

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
preludedriver99 said:
You need a regulator with a 1:1 rising rate ratio. You don't want to have 45psi at 1 lb of boost and still 45 at 7 or 8 psi.

Do you have a wideband?
i got a good safe base map made . (crome). fuel right now is about 50 or so psi. it might even be higher.

fixed the exhaust. way better. :) let me got ge some video of it running...give me a sec.

·
Registered
335 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Oh and it has nothing to do with your car not being in gear not building boost. How the hell would a turbo know whether or not your in neutal or 3rd gear for example. Your bov should be perfectly functional sitting still, you hear people all the time showing off their bov when they're not moving
What? Most cars have to have load on the engine before they build boost. Meaning the motor has to be driving something to build pressure. Free reving generally doesn't build boost on MOST cars. That's why turbo automatic cars do what you call a "brake boost". They hold the brake on the highway while giving it gas to build boost.

Engine needs load to build boost.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DOHCVTEC190 said:
What? Most cars have to have load on the engine before they build boost. Meaning the motor has to be driving something to build pressure. Free reving generally doesn't build boost on MOST cars. That's why turbo automatic cars do what you call a "brake boost". They hold the brake on the highway while giving it gas to build boost.

hey that makes sense.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
DOHCVTEC190 said:

Damn I must be way off on my understanding of what and how a turbo does what it does. It runs off exhaust gas right, why couldn't it build boost revving. I had a conquest tsi back in the day when they were nice and I almost swear my boost gauge would go to 14psi when I revved it. I don't see how the turbo would need or have to have load. It has nothing to do with what gear you're in it's all going to build psi to your max setting right? :noo

·
Registered
349 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Damn I must be way off on my understanding of what and how a turbo does what it does. It runs off exhaust gas right, why couldn't it build boost revving. I had a conquest tsi back in the day when they were nice and I almost swear my boost gauge would go to 14psi when I revved it. I don't see how the turbo would need or have to have load. It has nothing to do with what gear you're in it's all going to build psi to your max setting right? :noo
Your gauge was probably off....I have had a few H cars with turbo's, and I can say not one of them made any real lbs of boost standing still. I did have a friend of mine, whom I installed a drag 3 kit for, who was able to build like 1-2 lbs. during a rev, and allow his BOV to sound slightly, but it was nothing impressive. Some large V-8's will do 5-6 lbs, and sound cool, but it's not what you sound like, it's what you do that counts...

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i took it for a spin. it drives great. just loud as hell with open DP. I put a filter on it BTW. :D but for some reason..its not blowing off...at all. i found a small vac leak an fixed i think. but nope..not blowing off. i wondering maybe i did something when i took it apart an cleaned it??? i dont know...there pretty basic.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
For xrist sakes does the thing build damn boost or not. It should rip pretty damn good on 7-8psi I know that. That video of that white lude, think dudes name was Ben was pretty good. Think he was at moderate boost levels. You should for sure be close to 230-250hp. I think you should be able to determine if you've installed everything correctly. Just make sure it's rich until tuned.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.