Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, in my car, i have swapped a 1.6L JDM SOHC VTEC motor, and now some kid is telling me the motor doesnt exist and that someone put a vtec head on a zc block. I need to prove him wrong, is there any list of engine codes or anything i can use??? help!!

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Just fucking stab him because it's a real "ZC" engine it came in all kinds of 92-95 civics and integras in Japan also there is a DOHC ZC in that year too that people don't seem to know about for some reason. And yes I know you said SOHC VTEC ZC and it is real.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
skidtron89 said:
Just fucking stab him because it's a real "ZC" engine it came in all kinds of 92-95 civics and integras in Japan also there is a DOHC ZC in that year too that people don't seem to know about for some reason. And yes I know you said SOHC VTEC ZC and it is real.

i was looking at the dohc zc motor my friend has. i kinda of dont understand it. its a dohc motor but the block fits sohc transmission. so anyone tried a vtec head on it yet?

· Registered
7,625 Posts
asianpride559 said:
i was looking at the dohc zc motor my friend has. i kinda of dont understand it. its a dohc motor but the block fits sohc transmission. so anyone tried a vtec head on it yet?
There aren't any other heads that will fit that motor as far as I know. I believe the head bolt pattern is different. But that would be pointless anyhow to bother with it. The internals are compatible with other D-series motors, it has same bore/stroke combo. In fact the dohc ZC pistons are the ultimate high-compression factory piston in a D16Z6 or D16Y8 engine, should give you over 12:1 c/r!!!

· Registered
1,052 Posts
klungemonger said:
There aren't any other heads that will fit that motor as far as I know. I believe the head bolt pattern is different. But that would be pointless anyhow to bother with it. The internals are compatible with other D-series motors, it has same bore/stroke combo. In fact the dohc ZC pistons are the ultimate high-compression factory piston in a D16Z6 or D16Y8 engine, should give you over 12:1 c/r!!!
This is 100% correct!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.