Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've come to a cross road and needs to make some decisions. So guys please help.

I have $5000cdn read to put into my ride or a new ride. Here are my options:

1) get the F-MAX turbo kit and run 10psi of boost (how many horses that would give me, I don't know)

2) found a used RSX Type S with 19k on it $28k cdn, or

3) found a used 99 Teg Type R with 64k on it, $22k cdn or

4) a prelude 98-01 model.

If I get a new ride, everything I've done to my ride is lost. Trade in for my car is about $17k cdn. I do have an automatic (but if turbo'ed, doesn't really matter).

So what should I do?????

· Registered
806 Posts
swap out the engine or trade in the car. i'd try to find something with less miles than that type r.

whats the conversion factor for cdn-us??

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LX98Civic said:

Yeah, I really can't say anything with the #'s posted in canadian :(
Ok, basically. I can afford all four options. So it coems down to getting one of the three new rides or throw a turbo into the old one. I'm pretty sure with the turbo, my Civic will smoke all the other three.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
GhostRider said:
oh my gosh!!! no question, keeep that beauty you have and slap a turbo on it ;)
i'd die for a 99-00 Civic with a tsunami T2k kit, damn! do not get rid of that!
ghost
I agree!! keep it and work on it!

· Registered
2,356 Posts
redfox said:
REally? Hmm...

Here is just a follow up question. What's better? Turboing a Civic SOHC, Civic DOHC, Integra or Prelude?
Well, a built SOHC with a turbo can be pretty damn quick.. But then again, a built DOHC can also be fast.. For example, InfamousCivic.. he's got a built DX motor with a DragII (?) kit on it.. That car is insanely fast.. I don't have exact numbers, b/c it's not my ride.. But I would suggest that it runs a 1/4 mile in 12 seconds roughly..

· Registered
278 Posts
turbo your car at 10psi that thing will smoke the other cars and besides your ride is already phat.
go with turbo all the way!!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,356 Posts
redfox said:

I'm considering swapping the tranny now. Can you elaborate on that? Will the GSR tranny fit onto the D16?

What kind of parts would I need?
Nope, it won't fit..

You'd need an entire GSR swap in order to get that transmission.. D series and B series don't go together.. 2 completely different motors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.