Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
Youknow the old impreeza 2.5 rs doesit handle good? The one before 2002. Which 1 handles better the 2door or 4door and whats there compresio ratio. Any one know?
They were doing pretty well at autocrosses that the STAC board was thinking of moving it to STX. Then Jason Tipple and Chris Shenefield cleaned up at Nationals beating the 2.5RS by 1-2 seconds over the week :)

They weigh alot but they make up for AWD and traction.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
2 or 4 doors are fine. They should weigh about the same. Forget what they upgraded from the 1999 to 2000s.

I don't know about handling better but the WRX does weigh more. But then the WRX and 2.5RSs are in different classes. I know I can give my friend in a WRX a run for his money with him on racing tires and me on street tires. My car is modded to the "T" of STS rules and his to stock rules.

·
Registered
188 Posts
gotta also remember Auto-X is also about the driver

at my Auto-X's I have the older 2.5rs show up and a newer WRX
the WRX runs in the AS class on Kumho slicks, other stock
and the RS runs in the STS (w/ me), on Falken slicks, springs/shocks, intake and cat-back

times vary on course set ups for their within .2-.6 sec of eachother, one takes the other at one set up, and the other takes the other on another... same car set ups, same drivers, all depends on skill, attitude, etc

otherwise they're both well balanced cars stock and modified, both ever close in handling, just depends on skill and the driver

Later,

Jay

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
InsnImprtGuy said:
gotta also remember Auto-X is also about the driver

at my Auto-X's I have the older 2.5rs show up and a newer WRX
the WRX runs in the AS class on Kumho slicks, other stock
and the RS runs in the STS (w/ me), on Falken slicks, springs/shocks, intake and cat-back

times vary on course set ups for their within .2-.6 sec of eachother, one takes the other at one set up, and the other takes the other on another... same car set ups, same drivers, all depends on skill, attitude, etc

otherwise they're both well balanced cars stock and modified, both ever close in handling, just depends on skill and the driver

Later,

Jay
Not to be picky but the WRX runs in DS for SCCA.

·
Registered
188 Posts
my bad, I totally didn't spot that mistake, you're right, thanx

Later,

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts