Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...I have just installed twin monitors and dvd in my motor and it all works a treat ,however,when watching a dvd (while wife is shopping!!!)and then you start the car the dvd resets to beginning which is frustrating for the kids.....Is there a way to wire it up so it doesnt lose power on cranking the engine?????

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
you would have to wire it directly to the battery, but then you have to remember to shut it off when the car it shut off. But there is a reason why it shuts off when you start the car. starting requires alot of power. so it can shut off stuff to get the power. also when the car starts the voltage drops. so it may hurt your dvd player.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you hook up the accessory wire to the ignition wire, then it wont shut down during crank. You would need a multi-meter to find it at the ignition. It would be the wire that goes to 12 volts when you turn the key to the on positiop and stays at 12 volts during crank. If you pm with year and make of car, i can let you know what color it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.