Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a little searching but could not find the right answer i was looking for. my question is...will a b18a1 head fit on a b16 block? i hear that it will cost a lot to do. a friend said that it will fit right on. im not sure who to listen to.

he says he has a friend that will sell a b16X block with type r crank blah blah blah. im more of an accord guy. but anyway...will this setup work? and is it true that have a b18ahead on b16X block is a little faster just a regular LS?

any info will be appreciated. i need to know before they actually start working on it in about 12 hours. :(

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Let me put it this way. If you had the chance to have a moster engine and an old beat up body, would you do it? Or.... use a newer up to date aerodynamic shell for the monster engine to propell?

Trust me, no one on earth would do that swap. The head on the B16 is superior. Do not swap it for a non-VTEC head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.