Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my current set-up...H22a4
Type S pistons, rods, rings
Fully built Skunk 2 Head, skunk 2 cam gears, High compression valves, dual valve springs, titanium retainers, and stage 1 cams.
Milled head.
Throttle body bored out 65mm (www.maxbore.com)
Port and polished manilfold (removed butterflies) and port matched with the throttle body.
Mild port and polished head matched with the manifold and throttle body.
Hondata intake manifold gasket
Aem short ram intake w/ heatshield
Aem fuel rail
Aem fuel pressure regulator
Aem fuel filter
Aem pullies
Dc cermainc headers ( I know they suck)
MSD 6al and MSD external blaster coil
H23 tensioner manuel conversion
NGK copper plugs
MSD spark plugs wires
ACT clutch, stock flywheel
Test pipe with custom 2.5 in. exhaust
All tuned on NEPTUNE with P72 ECU

I'm not happy with my current set-up any more. I'm wanting more power. I'm thinking about going with skunk stage 2 cam's, RC 550c injectors, walbro fuel pump, CM clutch and ACT prolite flywheel, and to top it off i'm going to go with a JRSC. Would it be ok to supercharge that set-up with my type S pistons and milled head? I'm worried about detenation b/c of the high compression and the location that i live (Houston, TX) 100 degree summers. What about going turbo? I know i could upgrade to a bigger inner-cooler to deal with the heat but i would much rather go with a JRSC set-up. Any help from you guys would be gretly appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
114 Posts
why would you put so much money into your car and use dc headers. with that much work done to the engine i can imagine it gain 30+ hp with headers such as smsp or rmf.

i know this doesnt answer your question, just wondering what made you chose dc.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
why would you put so much money into your car and use dc headers. with that much work done to the engine i can imagine it gain 30+ hp with headers such as smsp or rmf.

i know this doesnt answer your question, just wondering what made you chose dc.
He's right, using that pos header is really restricting your power. I suggest looking into smsp or rmf as suggested. Rmf ~300 cheaper and makes roughly the same power if not more. Also maybe some JUN cams or custom grind. If you got enough money, maybe even consider a stroker.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gimme some of what your smokin.....you can NOT F/I a high compression motor. Turbo or JRSC, they both do the same thing. You will be wasting your $$$$...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.