Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other night im riding behind a civic hatchback and the driver decides he wants to go. The road was empty so I went along with him, he pulled a pretty decent lead on me and when we started coming up on the next street signal we both let off and started slowing down. But the driver of the other car did something that caught my attention, he made a zig zag pattern across about 1 1/2 lanes of the road, you could call it swurving but I think that makes it sound too dramatic. So does anyone else do this to help slow down, if so is there a word used to describe this technique?

·
Registered
228 Posts
yes. doing that will kill the edge as they say.. you cant do it at too high of a speed or else you'll go out of control but below 60 would be fine. your tires take some abuse as well. also you cant just steer left and right softly you have to "cut in" each corner..

·
Registered
502 Posts
LOL! Sorry...I got a kick out of this post.

It would be hard to convince me that bringing a car down from 60 to 0 would be faster using this technique compared to threshold braking in a straight line. Yes, turning the car from side to side DOES scrub speed and can be used in emergency situations where your brakes fail (right before you aim for something soft), but this sounds more like fu**ing around rather than any performance benefit.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
ITR#231 said:
LOL! Sorry...I got a kick out of this post.

It would be hard to convince me that bringing a car down from 60 to 0 would be faster using this technique compared to threshold braking in a straight line. Yes, turning the car from side to side DOES scrub speed and can be used in emergency situations where your brakes fail (right before you aim for something soft), but this sounds more like fu**ing around rather than any performance benefit.
I too got a kick out of this thread, and agree with ITR#231 wholeheartedly, the guy was just F*cking around.

And neither of you should be "running" eachother on open roads.

Take it to the Track.

A.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.