Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just working around my car last weekend, i noticed the antenna on the brain of my viper alarm... After i layed dynomatt all over door, i notice that my remote control is less sensitive... On hot days, i gotta walk like right next to my car for the damn thign to unlock.... while my friend can unlock his stock civic far far away.

Will making the antena wire do anything? i was thinking about hooking another wire to teh end and running around teh car....

any ideas?

· Registered
176 Posts
if you change the length of an antenna you will make it worse. the length of the antenna is based on the frequency it receives. if you change it it will only get worse.

buy the antenna range extender you will have much better results.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
yea you have to take in account the guage of the wire in complement of the lenth of it..the longer the more quage...i say leave it cause its the main box that is sending and recieving the signals...it may not work at all if you do what u watn to do...

· Registered
176 Posts
AccOrDZteCh said:
yea you have to take in account the guage of the wire in complement of the lenth of it..the longer the more quage...i say leave it cause its the main box that is sending and recieving the signals...it may not work at all if you do what u watn to do...
WHAT? where did you study electronics? the gauge of an antenna has nothing to do with the frequency it is tuned for. the length of an antenna is determined byu the frequencies it is going to be transmitting or receiving.

you ever see a TV antenna on the roof of a house? you notice that there are several fingers that come off it in 2 directions. they are different lengths. this is called a bandpass antenna it has different lengths of antennas on it because it receives many different frequencies.

but your right you shouldnt mess with the antenna on the alarm the length of it is exactly what it should be for the frequencies it is receiving.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
hahah mY bad..i didnt take no electronics class...i just remember trying it with my grage door opener and it didnt work right....o well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.