Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got my Indiglo gauges from ebay, from this one guy. First off, the instructions which they say are rare to give, SUCK! you can't see the fucking picture and it has shit not even for your car (97 Civic)... and it says shit like...

drill holes on the dashboard framework or on the stand-by button panel with the electrical drill and deburr the drilled holes with diagonal cutting pliers.

See what i mean? I'm like, whoa.. you gotta drill to put some color gauges in my shit. Aight next thing...

the guages fit over the old ones, meaning that the black cover that has the displays for the left and right blinker, check engine, yadda yadda, has to come off, but since the guages fit over the old ones and the wires kind of protrude (stick out) it doesn't sit properly and at night, if you drive without your seatbelt, or if you are using your left blinker, you will see other shit light up like check engine or other shit, and you can see a light of some sort from the instrument panel that kind of shines on the guages.

and it was kind of difficult to find out how to wire it to get some juice when I turn on the headlights only, because the instructions say:

Plug the hollow master seat of the transfer connecter on the end of the red instrument card into the exclusive receptacle located on the left lower dside of the dashboard framework, then lock the grounding metal sheet on the end of the coffee color card on the grounding screw.

That part is exactly how it says in the instructions, so in general, if you going to get indiglo guages, fuck the instructions and good luck!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :sonic:

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Cut out little notches in the housing of the cluster, and stick the wires in the notches so that black paneling will lay flat again.. That's what I did with my old gauges, and the indicator lights didn't illuminate surrounding ones that they weren't supposed to anymore.. good luck

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean I got it, but I'm saying, the fucking instructions might have well been written in chinese.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I dunno, you said the seatbelt light was shining through and lighting other stuff up.. I was just telling you how to fix it

Yeah, those instructions are really bad though.. Better off not giving the instructions with the gauges at all..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.