Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got me some reverse indiglos. And I was told to tap into the stock dimmers solid red power wire. Now does the wire still have to be connected to the stock dimmer or can i just completely cut it and attach it to the new dimmer that came with the indiglos? Kind of confused...can anyone help?

· Registered
550 Posts
i hooked mine up to the headlight fuse.. cause the inidglo came wiht a dimmer.

that wire is the red w/ black stripe. I just jammed it into the fuse cause i wasn't sure how to take it out and put it back in.

that was almost 2.5 years ago. and still running good :)

· Registered
2,574 Posts
the goal of taping power at the dimmer is not to use the stock dimmer for control, but rather to have a very easy to access power source that's already fused.

· Registered
85 Posts
AccordK8 said:
I just got me some reverse indiglos. And I was told to tap into the stock dimmers solid red power wire. Now does the wire still have to be connected to the stock dimmer or can i just completely cut it and attach it to the new dimmer that came with the indiglos? Kind of confused...can anyone help?
well i finished putting mine in yesterday. dont cut any wires!! remove the screws holding the plastic covering below the steering wheel to expose the wiring harness to your headlight dimmer. remove the harness by unlocking the clip, slide it out. all you do is slide the black wire in the space next to the black wire on your harness and the red one slides in with the red/black connecter. use electrical tape to secure the wires together so they wont slide out. thats it. mine works 100%. whatever you do dont splice, or cut any wires!!!

· Registered
2,085 Posts
hmmm.... u guys are making it sooooooooooooo hard...

here is what I did with mine..

I had 2 wires and a color switch dimmer thingy that came wit it. All I did was, I wired it to the Fuse box, and for the 6 gens, the fuse box is next to the gauge cluster. I just stuck(literally) the power wire into the fuse where the headlight switch is. then u just ground the other one

· Registered
85 Posts
AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
umm..question..wut if u did cut the the 3 wires completely from the oem dimmer????
well you risk shorting your headlight dimmer which means your entire headlight electrical system is toast. just imagining not being able to turn your headlights/tailights is scary enough for me not to cut those wires.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
umm...the stock dimmer is not on the same circuit as your headlights and tail lights. It's part of the 'small lights' circuit which goes to the dash lights, parking lights, and blinker........you're not going to fry anything though. Worst case is you blow the fuse and have to spend 97 cents for a new one.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aright ive got everything going for my indiglos, but now there is some sort of light shining on the guages from up top. Do i have to somehow disable that light?....It interferes with the whole glowing portion and looks half lit up and half glowing...anyone know of this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.