Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is the deal, i have a 2004 G35 and i really want to put in an intake, i found a really good one from nismo that i want to put it. Now there is only one problem, i was wondering if it would void the warranty on my car or not? All i am going to be putting in is an intake, but once again, only thing stopping me is fear of voiding the warranty because thats what i definetly dont want to do, so if you guys can help me out here and let me know if it will void my warranty or not that would be great, if it wont im getting that intake :clap :w00t :giggle :lol2 :number1 :) if it does though well... :bh :wow :eek :mad :fear :noo

·
Registered
118 Posts
engine modifications will void your warrenty.. pretty much the only thing that wont in most cases are things like cd players and tires/rims

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
GTA_Mustang said:
Okay, this is the deal, i have a 2004 G35 and i really want to put in an intake, i found a really good one from nismo that i want to put it. Now there is only one problem, i was wondering if it would void the warranty on my car or not? All i am going to be putting in is an intake, but once again, only thing stopping me is fear of voiding the warranty because thats what i definetly dont want to do, so if you guys can help me out here and let me know if it will void my warranty or not that would be great, if it wont im getting that intake :clap :w00t :giggle :lol2 :number1 :) if it does though well... :bh :wow :eek :mad :fear :noo
youll be fine.
only way the can deny your warranty if the modification caused it.
they cant say your intake caused your brakes to sqeaks or whatever.

most dealers are ok with minor mods.

·
Registered
118 Posts
youll be fine.
only way the can deny your warranty if the modification caused it.
they cant say your intake caused your brakes to sqeaks or whatever.
wrong. I just called local dodge, toyota dealers and any engine mods whether or not they caused a problem will void the warrenty.

my friends dad deals BMWs and he has a good friend who deals hondas and they both say the same thing.. maybe its diff in the areas?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Elixirs said:
wrong. I just called local dodge, toyota dealers and any engine mods whether or not they caused a problem will void the warrenty.

my friends dad deals BMWs and he has a good friend who deals hondas and they both say the same thing.. maybe its diff in the areas?
haha. thats ludacris.
you as a consumer are protected.

seems like the people you talk to lack some knowledge. i am sure that dealers can try to deny any incompetent consumer of any warranty they want. but if they run into a smart consumer they will more likely than fix your problem.

they can say that just becuase you put in your intake, the alighnment on your car is off or your winshield fell off is due to the intake.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

more than likely some dealers are just assholes. just find a decent dealer to deal with they will fix anything. if all else fails you can talk to the district manager.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well I'm not sure they can get you on a windshield or something like that haha, but I know if you put an intake on and something in the engine goes wrong then they can claim that since you put the intake on it, you increased the horsepower and thus put more stress on the engine so they won't cover it.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Taikonaut said:
Well I'm not sure they can get you on a windshield or something like that haha, but I know if you put an intake on and something in the engine goes wrong then they can claim that since you put the intake on it, you increased the horsepower and thus put more stress on the engine so they won't cover it.
thats not true. just find a friendly dealer with good service dept.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
GTA_Mustang said:
so u think i should just go to the infiniti dealer and ask them?
nah. they would probably tell you no, even though they will have to honor it.

i was like you when i first started modding cars. right out of high school i was worried about the lowering springs and intake. but i got my warranty no problem. the dealer is kool, they even help me get a few transmission even though i was out of warranty.

make friends with your service rep. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
make friends with your service rep.
Yeah, it's good to have friends in business.. furniture dealers help to make your house comfy n nice.. computer salesment / technicians know all the good gear and can fix your comp for less than 100 bucks ( F you best buy ) Car sponsers will sell stuff to you cheap, mechanics will help you install all your parts with a very low fee if any..

its good to know people.. or know people who know people..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks for all the help guys, :D i think im going to go ahead and order the intake from nismo, i cant wait to hear how it sounds, because well with the way it is already i love it, then with an intake i can only image how SICK the car will sound... :number1 , just thinking about it makes me all giddy :clap ,lol well yea once again guys, thanks :-D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I read in Super Street magazine that Falken Tires was making a G35 Sports Coupe Drift car. they were able to fit a greddy intercooler and turbo into it, goals to lose about 500 pounds off it from like 3300 to 2800. anyway, its reaaaally badass

its dropping about 500-600 HP which is substantial for what it will be doing, needs a lot to put up with the excess weight. the skyline drifter is dropping about 495 hp but it's a lot lighter.

people don't tend to soup up a G35 so I hear, i could be wrong. but doing so would definately be somewhat more original opposed to every other import. i salute you

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
There ya go... If it voids the warranty.. Take it off,, reflash the ECU and then take it in :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
You should be alright man.Thats kinda like owning a toyota and putting a trd part on it-if the dealership does it for you they usually cover it especially since the part is affiliated with them anyways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts