Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody recently ripped some stuff out of my car, so I'm lookin to replace them. They took an Alpine Type R, V12 Mono Amp and 1 farad cap out of the car, so that's what I'm looking to replace. Unfortunately I can't get the V12 through my work anymore, and don't want to pay retail for it, so I'm looking at other options.

The two that I'm trying to decide between are an alpine v-power mono (model MRP-M650) that's rated at 600 watts RMS into 2 ohms, and an infinity reference mono (model REF611A) rated at 657 watts into 2 ohms. I will be using another Type R sub. It's a dual 4 ohm coil sub, rated to handle 500 at 4 ohms. I'll be bridging the coils to a 2 ohm load for the amp.

I'm leaning toward the infinity, but only cause I think it looks a little nicer than this alpine. I don't know much about the performance of either one except for the advertised numbers. That's what I want your opinions about. Which amp do you think would be a better option as far as overall performance, reliability, and any other factor that comes to mind.

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Grab the m650 for the type-r, it's a killer combo. The infinity amps suck without the bass knob which you need to order separately... it's dumb.

Edit: Also the V-Power is a lot easier to use than the V-12 series, the V-12's have a lack of ability to be easily tuned perfectly because of the digital controls.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arvine said:
Edit: Also the V-Power is a lot easier to use than the V-12 series, the V-12's have a lack of ability to be easily tuned perfectly because of the digital controls.
it's cause they're intended to amp-link to alpine decks. Then you can tune the amp right off the deck instead of trying to do it at the amp. It's easier that way. I didn't have too much problem tuning mine without the amp-link though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.