Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I currently own a 93 lude, and am lookin for a project car.. im heading towards either the 92-95 hatch or the crx.. whats the best 92-95 hatch to get as in cx and all that stuff and is it a eg eh ek or whatever i dunno about those.. and thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cx is the lightest, but has a terrible base engine(not a prob if swappin). Vx is pre wired for Vtec and also really light. Dx has decent options but a little heavier. And the Si is the heaviest, but has a great base engine, power windows/locks, 4wheel discs and sunroof.

Weight

Cx - 2094 lbs
Vx - 2094 lbs
Dx - 2178 lbs
Si - 2326 lbs

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd personally go for the Si one, because it has disc brakes already, and, the weight would be offset by a new motor drop anyway. It also has vtec wiring, so does the VX. The stock motor is D16Z6. It also has a/c and power steering.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Would the swap cost anymore or less with the different trim levels? Since the VX and Si have the vtec wiring already.

I am looking to get a 5th gen. white h/b in the near future and going to drop a B18C1 into it. I'm not sure if I want all the power accessories or not. Just seems like they could cause more problems than good with the car being so old.

Are there any differences in the exterior / interior each year? Maybe front bumpers? ....or on the inside one has a center arm rest and one doesn't.

Just looking for the minor differences between the 5th gen. h/b

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Si has little stuff like body-colored (power) mirrors and a moonroof, none have a center armrest as far as i know. the Si and VX being pre-wired for vtec might lower the cost slightly, but that probably won't be enough to affect your decision. Si and DX have the most sound deadening.... the better choice depends on whether you're going all-out race or street car. for racing, i'd go for the lightest one, if you plan on building a street car: decide what options you need (A/C, power steering, moonroof, etc) and buy whichever has those things.

·
Registered
227 Posts
GSR98Civic said:
Anyone want to put something together like what was done HERE

I think it would be really helpful to put together a list of the differences of the 92-95 h/b's.

My questions are:

Is the Si the only h/b w/ AC?
What models come pre-wired with vtec?
I've seen CX's with AC.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
pssst! said:
I've seen CX's with AC.
Then it was put in after it was bought .. because the CX has a cover on the climate control where the A/C thing is.

I have a cx... it's not that bad, and even though mine is slow .. they get QUICK.

·
Registered
494 Posts
GSR98Civic said:
Anyone want to put something together like what was done HERE

I think it would be really helpful to put together a list of the differences of the 92-95 h/b's.

My questions are:

Is the Si the only h/b w/ AC?
What models come pre-wired with vtec?
The VX i'm selling has a strong A/C too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
well if you get a CX.. you don't have problems gutting out the car.. you don't have to worry about all those "power" shyet. and it's light... :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 95 honda civic cx and it is the perfect project car.

It allows you to decide what you want on the car. My CX does have AC because it was added. No power steering, no power windows, no sunroof, no bullshit :-D

·
Registered
985 Posts
93VTECsedan said:
Cx is the lightest, but has a terrible base engine(not a prob if swappin). Vx is pre wired for Vtec and also really light. Dx has decent options but a little heavier. And the Si is the heaviest, but has a great base engine, power windows/locks, 4wheel discs and sunroof.

Weight

Cx - 2094 lbs
Vx - 2094 lbs
Dx - 2178 lbs
Si - 2326 lbs
I DONT THINK THE 92-95 SI had power windows but i may be wrong

·
Registered
132 Posts
Techna said:
I DONT THINK THE 92-95 SI had power windows but i may be wrong
none of the Si's had power anything. no power windows or door locks. A/C, power steering, and CC was about it. Moon roof too.

:vivi

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
mclean987 said:
no man the cx is lighter than the vx ! cause the vtec system is heavy aswell and vx has some other shit 2
no the vx is the lightest, seriously, dont guess on this stuff, noone wants usless made up information. The reason the vx is lighter is because of the lighter rims, the vtec solonoid and extra cam way all of a pound and the ecu dosnt weigh anymore, "vtec system is heavy" what are you talkin about? :sleep:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
disturbed said:
Maybe the VTEC on the valve cover accounts for the extra weight. Hee hee!
actually, the word VTEC was only on the 94, 95 models, but yea, that must be where the 30lbs comes from, lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.