Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, apparently Ingalls has been listening to customer complaints about the clearance issues for the front camber kit for the 6th gen accords, part #35570. Ingalls has released a newer, redesigned version of the camber kit, part #35591, which eliminates the clearance issues that plagued the earlier kits. I have just installed the newer kit on my 6th gen sedan, and had no problems with either the install or any clearance issues. I would stress paying close attention to the adjusting bolt, ensuring you tighten the nut well before putting any weight on the suspension, as you can cause the adjustment to change if you have not tightened it enough when installing.

One problem I personally came across during install was the nut for the lower part of the ball joint. They both were stripped during installation, so I suggest keeping the stock castle nuts around just in case. The stock castle nuts seemed stronger than the shipped ones anyway, so we didn't even sweat trying to use the shipped nuts.

I HIGHLY recommend purchasing this kit either as a fresh install or to correct any clearence issue that you may have from a previous kit. The price is steep when buying from a retailer, but as always, check eBay for any auctions on their site. That is where I purchased mine, at a greatly reduced rate than what retail price is. Be sure to coordinate with you auction provider to confirm the part number you need for your application (part #35591).

As always, make sure you get your suspension aligned by a professional alignment service as soon as possible after your install, because no matter how close you think you got it, you will still be off! Tire wear from off-toe alignment can be just as much of a bitch as off-camber wear!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I installed an Ingalls front camber kit in my 97 accord ex and theres some pretty bad clearance issues. Over every small bump or hole the control arm would hit the wheel well making a pretty annoying grinding noise. So i'm looking to get that fixed, maybe putting a hole or breaking in the wheel well. Wish I would've read more on the clearance topic before buying it.

-J.P.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
ingalls sucks major ass. i had their rear adjustable control arms which bent then snapped in two after hitting some small bumps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Ingalls front upper control arm camber kit on my 2000 Accord sedan. Im on koni yellows on the middle perch, and tein S.tech springs which drop about 2.2" in the front. I have not had any clearance issues with them at all. I think they are great. Yes they are a bit more expensive, but i have not had a problem with them yet. Until i hit a curb head on going about 30mph, and bent just about every control arm/tie bar/ everything else in my right front wheel well. but i would highly recommend the camber kit to anybody who has a pretty decent drop on their accord.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought the ingalls camber kit for my accord 94, joints in the front, control arm in the rear. When I took it to the shop to get it installed, they called me up and told me that the front upper control arm was hitting the fender, so I had to give them ingalls with a less adjustable camber on them or buy one of their camber kits by the name of "specialty products". So I bought theirs and the guy guaranteed for them to better then ingalls. So as soon as i got into my car and started turning my wheel, popping sounds would come out of the both front wheel wells. I was told that I needed bushing kits, so I bought the master kit from ES and installed it. The handling difference is obvious but the sounds are still there. Its not only when turning the wheel, its also when breaking and letting go of the break. I was told here on SHO that the adjustment bolt could have been striped. Could this be and has anybody else had the same problem. Please help if you can and I’m sorry for being off topic

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just installed the Ingalls rear camber adjusting arms on my 05 Accord Coupe V6 6MT to correct the negative camber after lowering the car by about 3 inches in the front and 2.5 inches in the rear (I used Function/Form coilovers). Have had it on for about a month now and it has been working as it should with no known problems yet. Cant complain about the price if it works, right ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts