Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Technically, yes. Though that small ammount of increase won't matter much. so it can wait if your worried about it. Its less than a 5% increase in injector size. BUT you could end up with an injector on the higher side of the tolerance band( i have no idea what tolerances injectors run) EXAMPLE: say it had a 3% tolerance a 675cc could end up operating more like a 695cc. It can also go the other way, a 675 could end up being as low as a 654cc with a 3% tolerance.

What AFR did you get tuned to? If you were already running a richer mix on your turbo setup then it may be worth while. If it was conservative I wouldn't worry as much. Likewise if you went down some CC's and had a conservative tune with your turbo setup I'd get it retuned.

Why are you thinking of switching injectors?:confused

Ahh but another reason I'm going to just dish out some money for Crome Pro and an Ostrich. :ninja

· Registered
10,346 Posts
if you have hondata s300, it should be no big deal to get bigger injectors, as that system allows for those kind of upgrades, but you HAVE to tell it. It cant figure it out on its own. Although this upgrade is prolly not necessary (bigger injectors) maybe they are tellling you because the saftey margin is too small. unlike the stock honda sytem which is 95 or 100% injector duty cycle ( you use the max flow of your injectors) most tuners will use roughly 80% or less, depending on theapplication. That extra 15cc rate might increase the saftey margin to what the tuner thinks is necessary.

I advise you to ask your tuner why you need the upgrade, and ask questions about things like saftey margin. They would be happy to tell you, I would imagine. Its not a huge deal on NA apps, but since a turbo can fluctuate its boost depending on how you drive it, that safety margin needs to be increased along with it

sorry for the long post

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long story short, got robbed. I'm tryin to piece together my old setup. Sum guy sez he's got 660's for sale but i dont know if they'll work. Old injectors were mototron, he's got accel. Inline pro makes 675 so does RC but then i'd have to get retuned. Tryin to get running without spending a G. All car theives should die slo

· Registered
1,993 Posts
25ccs is not much, well it doesnt seem like. I dont feel like doing the math but if you run an inj more than 80% duty cylce then you will burn them out. What made you think 660s werent enough anyway.

How many lbs are you running from what size turbo? 600ccs and a FPR with a 255lhp is good enough for MOST street hondas. Once you start hitting 7-1000cc your must be making some serious power.

Do you think your running lean??

· Registered
10,346 Posts
just be sure whether they are peak & hold, or saturated. 2 completely different types. one style needs extra resistance, the other style doesnt.

660cc's is 660cc's. They will work if they are the same type of injector. You may need to buy pigtails if they have a different type of connector though.

sorry to hear ya got robbed

· Registered
3,077 Posts
You can always have a friend drive the car hard while you follow to check for a rich burn after getting the new injectors. Thats what I'd do. If it came out running too rich just weasel em out of a tiny bit of tune time. :)

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Peak and hold are low imedance so you will need a resistor box.

Saturated are high impedance. As to which work BETTER. Well it doesnt really matter. I dont think there is hard evidence to say which one is better but i could be wrong.

Besides the resistance value..make sure their top feed. But give us some info on your setup and power goal. That would really help.

Lol..mortsaccord..the idea of "datalogging" without a computer..

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Lol..mortsaccord..the idea of "datalogging" without a computer..
lol that sure would suck, or inagine having to relocate your desktop near the car to do it. hahaha

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Technically peak and hold injectors are better because they open faster, but this benefit is most realized with injectors in higher flow ranges where very short open times are needed to get proper low load AFRs. Using a saturated driver with resistors will considerably slow down peak and hold injectors.

I agree, having a setup and goal would help A LOT. Four 660cc squirters are good for ~350-400bhp, FYI.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Peak and hold just peaks electrical current and then drops a little and holds there before reaching zero. Saturated holds the injectors open for the same amount of voltage all the way through. None is really "better" than the other.

Get what your ECU requires.

I would be more worried about the spray pattern than which type is best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.