Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will DSM 440cc or DSM 450cc or RC 440cc injectors plug and play for my y7 (ODB2)? If not what injectors that a 440cc or 450cc will. I am going to control it with a SAFC hack.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. But even with RC injectors?

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
Will DSM 440cc or DSM 450cc or RC 440cc injectors plug and play for my y7 (ODB2)? If not what injectors that a 440cc or 450cc will. I am going to control it with a SAFC hack.

Thanks,
Matt

Are you going turbo?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
If you aren't going f/i, the SAFC hack is pointless. As stated, you will need a resistor box to run those and I believe you will need to convert to OBD1 style injector plugs. If you get RC's obviously just get the saturated and skip the resistor thing, but you will still need the OBD1 plug changeover to use those. Again though, 440cc or larger injectors serve little purpose on a mild street D16 n/a engine except to make you run extremely rich.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
J.O.A.T said:

Thanks,
Matt

Dont feel bad, I ask the same question on ine the injector forum and I got it too!!! :lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ginyu6869 said:
Are you going turbo?
Yea. Thats why I was wondering. I dont want to use the resisotor if I dont have to. Is there any injectors that I can get that will just plug and play, size 440cc - 450cc? I might be able to go smaller than that. Its only going to be a T3.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I think for the AFC hack you do need 440cc or 450cc so you can properly tune off boost and on boost without throwing a code. The AFC can cut up to 50%, so you use injectors that are nearly twice the flow rate and tune idle/off-boost at nearly full cut. This will let you stay in fuel-cut mode when you tune for boost. That's a shorter duty cycle on the injectors, plus I heard you have to use cut with the AFC or you'll get a CEL.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
klungemonger said:
I think for the AFC hack you do need 440cc or 450cc so you can properly tune off boost and on boost without throwing a code. The AFC can cut up to 50%, so you use injectors that are nearly twice the flow rate and tune idle/off-boost at nearly full cut. This will let you stay in fuel-cut mode when you tune for boost. That's a shorter duty cycle on the injectors, plus I heard you have to use cut with the AFC or you'll get a CEL.

What, :wow .. No :kick ??? :btu

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help dude. I didnt know that info.

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts