Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Honda for quick service they said i need to perform a complete service on my car since it hit 60,000 miles. They are charging a grip load to clean my injectors and Throttle body and change my fuel filter. I turned away and said F*#K that, I'll do it myself. Can someone help me out with suggestions and ways to clean my injectors and TB?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Injectors... you can wipe them off on the outside, but to clean them inside-out it's best to have them ultrasonically cleaned by a professional. RC Engineering does it for I think $120, or you can have it done locally by a good shop for about the same price, which is what I did. They should flow-test them before and after for you too.

TB... just get a $2 can of TB cleaner from your local autoparts store and have a ball.

Fuel filter can be a slight pain in the ass but if things go smoothly it doesn't take that long to do yourself.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Yeah STP and fuel tank addatives don't do shit really. There is such a thing as a Fuel Injection Cleaning Service called FICS, which uses a pressurized apparatus at stock fuel pressure to run a cleaning fluid through the injectors, intake manifold, valve guides, and combustion chamber which actually cleans everything. The tool to do it is only like $200 or so and the fluid that is run through it actually runs the engine until the engine dies and then its done. You could do a top end clean or seafoam but I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY SAY DON'T DO THAT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.