Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an Injen CAI on my 2000 Civic HX. I'm having trouble locating what is called in the installation instructions a "fuel injection control valve". This intake is for the 2000 EX/HX specifically (part # RD1555P).

The intake itself has 2 hose nipples, and in the middle of those, the air temp. stub/nipple (3 total). The instructions want me to connect this third nipple (the one farthest away from the throttle body) to the mysterious "fuel injection control valve" via an 8mm vacuum hose they provide. I talked to a couple of Honda mechanics and they did not recognize the description "fuel injection control valve" or FIA control valve, which the instructions also talk about.

The instructions sent to me with the intake are simply a crappy photocopy of what you can view on their website, they show several pics but none show a view of this darn FI control valve they refer to, and I see nothing that even resembles it in the direction the photo shows the 8 mm hose going, so I'm unable to glean any more info. from the written instuctions (who writes these things anyway), or identify visually where this fuel injection control valve is.

So it boils down to this:

1. Why does my intake have 3 nipples total, instead of 2?

(All researching I've done on this has not shown any insight into the presence of a third nipple and/or what others who have this intake have done with it)

2. The air temp. sensor does not stay in the nipple on the intake (just kind of sits in there loosely at an angle, nothing to hold it in place), it looks to be no different from the other 2 nipples, simply a machined hole in the tubing. How is this sensor supposed to stay in place? It's almost as if there is a small part missing that enables the sensor to snap in place and fit snug.

I'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to engines and such, but I've got a good measure of common sense and mechanical ability, and can usually figure things out, but this has got me stumped.

Any help, advice, comments or anything else someone may think of about this mysterious problem would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I just took a look at their online instructions for your intake, and it shows exactly where that hose goes..

Also, It'd be helpful If you posted up pictures yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PRTuned for taking a look. You must be referring to fig. 3 on said instruction sheet, as that's the photo giving the greatest detail for hose placement. It appears that the 8 mm hose in question connects to the engine somewhere very close and to the left of the nipple where it instructs you to attach the other end of the vacuum hose which you remove from the PVC pipe (thereby bypassing the PVC). It does indeed look as though this 8 mm hose terminates at a location which I have described above, but I'm unable to find anything resembling something a vacuum hose like this would attach to in the area shown in the instructions. Maybe my engine is simply slightly different, or the given photos are not actual images of an HX or EX engine, beats me.

The fact that the "Fuel Injector Control Valve" was not recognized by the two mechanics I talked to leads me to suspect the term itself is not what most people refer to it as, that this could be merely a wording discrepancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts