Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Injen SR Intake. I installed it according to the directions. One question I have though, in the directions it says to remove the vaccum linne from the intake mainfold and put that plastic cap over the connector, and remove the control solenoid. I did as they said, finished the install and everything works ok. I want to know though what I removed from my car, It had a electrical plug too, I assume to power/control the solenoid. What does this do, do I need it and why did I remove it?

Also, when I shut off my car, a sound like air sucking can be heard for a couple seconds followed by another sound that's hard to describe. I this normal? does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
463 Posts
i am not too sure what u removed but the sucking sound is what your suppose to hear its throwing out the air from the intake its normal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm new to fixing up my car, so this is probably another stupid question, but will the intake in any way reduce the reliability or longevitity of my engine?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not directly because your engine needs air and the intake is just giving it more of what it needs. But in a matter of speaking it might decrease longevity in the long run because of your desire to drive faster and rev higher more often than you normally would just to hear that most beautiful intake sound. But in all reality no, you have nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts