Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

· Registered
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inline pro has been building this S2000 for a while now and it was the first to hit 9s. Well they have been tweaking the suspension and it is starting to hook up.

This is the FIRST Honda I have ever seen or heard of doing a wheelie. This was at Pinks All Out in North Carolin so it should be on TV soon.

here is the cars first 9 second pass
The head and cams are stock. The block is sleeved at stock bore and stroke, just lowered the compression down a lot. Has a custom valvetrain and that is it for whats inside the motor. The rest you can see below.

Pics of the motor

hope this has not been posted

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Very nice..I like

· Registered
1,993 Posts
the reason its the first is because the s2000 is rwd...doing a wheelie in a fwd is just an epic fail
Um..Did you know there are other RWD hybrid swap hondas?

· Registered
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome to 1960 honda - only took you 49 years.

The car is cool but the owner reallllllly seems like a d-bag
have you ever met him? The guy is cool as shit. He throws cook outs at his shop and lets tons of people come. Not just Honda people. They welcome anyone to there shop.

· Registered
2,343 Posts
Are they using the stock tranny? I wonder how long the synchros will hold out for? Same for the rear end? Nice run though for sure.

· Registered
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are they using the stock tranny? I wonder how long the synchros will hold out for? Same for the rear end? Nice run though for sure.
yes and no for the tranny

the rear is a Nissan R200 diff (from a non turbo 300zx)

The trans is the stock housing but the internals are a built PPG Dogbox.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
it can be done in a fwd honda if you go backwards.

:ninja

· Registered
62 Posts
kinda cool but thats wasnt anything like what a muscle car does, ill probably get crap for this but im a big muscle car guy and i have to disagree with the big FAIL over the mustang that is doing a much more impressive wheel stand then the honda.

· Registered
2,529 Posts
kinda cool but thats wasnt anything like what a muscle car does, ill probably get crap for this but im a big muscle car guy and i have to disagree with the big FAIL over the mustang that is doing a much more impressive wheel stand then the honda.
Well let's see: Muscle cars have been around for nearly 50 years? Honda's have been around since the 1970's or so, and not one has ever been a muscle car, and the only ones that have arguably been true sports cars are the NSX and the S2000. The NSX was never designed to do that, it's engine bay is too cramped, parts are expensive, and tuning knowledge is hard to come by given the rarity of the car in relation to the number of muscle cars and people who work on them. Similar circumstances with the S2000. The S2000 didn't have a truly tunable ECU until Hondata in let's say 2006 as a guestimate, and i'm not sure NSX has any ECU tunability available. Essentially, they are two completely different designs for completely different demographics. Comparing them is apples to potatoes.

Which brings me to my next point, which is the fact that some d-bag put a mustang doing a wheelie as in inspiration poster stating that a Honda could never do that. The "FAIL" is the fact that one just did. How ironic? And it's a pretty amazing feet considering the first point. It has nothing to do with how much further up in the air the mustang is compared to the S2000. The real inspirational poster should have said something along the lines of "you're yugo/suzuki/opel/jaguar/etc. can't do this." Come to think of it, I've never seen a Ferrari/Lambo/Maseratti/Koenigsegg/Ariel/etc. do it either? Or what about AWD cars like Subaru/Audi/Mitsubishi? Again, apples to okra on the part of the turd who made the inspirational poster.

Lastly, with a s/n like "sheep", you should be more worried about people giving you crap about polygamist farmer joe kneeling behind you than about failing to see the differences between the wheelies.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.