Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took a ride in what is quite possibly the fastest 4 cylinder car I have ever plopped my butt in. All I can say is WOW :D . The scary thing is that I didn't think it was fast enough. It didn't scare me. I can't say that about every 500 WHP'd vehicle I have been in. Maybe it was because it had wheelspin in every gear even at 120MPH in 5th. It just made me smile.
I was referred to the guy that owned this car when I had some questions about a combination I wanted to run in my car that my machinist couldn't answer. He was a long time freind of his and said that he had some Honda toy's that even impressed a hard core Chevy guy like himself.
He was set on showing me the ERR of my D series ways. He takes me in to see 'IT'. IT is a 92' hatch - you know, the one that looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor and is completely stock looking? I don't think that car looked that good the day it came off of the delivery truck. This guy paid attention to detail. Underhood it showed. Wasn't a speck of dirt or oil ANYWHERE. The car touted a Dart block with a C5 head(different valvetrain), Victor-X mani, A custom turbo manifold(BIG PRIMARIES) with tial 44mm wastegate(atmospheric dump), some kind of GIGANTIC Garret turbo(forgot which one), FMIC, tial BOV, 3-4" 304 SS exhaust from the turbo back (polished). There was so much under hood. I couldn't take it all in. All of this in what looked to be a completely stock car. Hell, the interior was stock save for a set of reverse glow gauges that read to 160mph. The glove compartment had the requisite boost, EGT and WBAFG sitting next to the hondata logger in it. A well executed sleeper. That was all I could think about when we were heading down the road basically destroying a pair of new 14" tires :w00t . When I ask what the car puts out he points in the back seat and says "the dyno sheets are back there, one is on pump gas and the other on race fuel." Clean and clear and even laminated - this guy was proud of what he'd done. I guess I would have been too. The dyno on pump gas was in the neighborhood of 420hp and on race fuel 510hp :D . I don't recall the torque figures, but I am thinking they couldn't be too far off of the HP one's.
I never thought somthing like that was hiding less than 30 minutes from my place. Someone serious about making it right and being proud of it. You don't find that around here very often especially if it has a 4 cylinder in it. Afterward I couldn't help but feel that I wanted somthing similar. Made me look a bit differently on my own plans and helped me head into a new direction with my build. Now I just gotta find the 25 grand for my setup.

·
Registered
442 Posts
hey you dont need 25 grand man just because a motor is built with all the best of the best parts doesnt mean its any better or makes anymore power. You can buy a gsr block with a b16 head and buy stage 3 cams and get retainers and springs. The gsr block would cost probably most with the shop putting in sleves but they can definatly make it hold up to 500 h.p. Just need a strong trans w/ a lsd still need alot of assessories but you dont need to spend 25,000 maybe 10,000 or 15,000 max but you spend that much your gunna do tens in the quarter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.