Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and nothing too useful came up....

How do I remove the inside door handle on a 94 civic coupe...I removed all the screws and everything, but I cant get the panel off because the door handle does not come off, How can I remove it, it does not have any screws on it like my Accord does.

Oh by the way I want to remove the door panel so i can get to the window tracks so i can lube them up so to see if they go up quicker, coming down they work fine but going up they stall a bit...its my belief that there is dirt stuck on them just like the sun roof who was stalling until I lubed it up.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
519 Posts
do u have power windows or manual?

if ur trying to take ur door panel off u will need to take the manual window crank off.. theres a lil pin that u need to take off behind the crank! then u should be able to take ur door panel off.. good luck :tu

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
94Civic_R said:
do u have power windows or manual?

if ur trying to take ur door panel off u will need to take the manual window crank off.. theres a lil pin that u need to take off behind the crank! then u should be able to take ur door panel off.. good luck :tu
Its a power window...any clue on that one?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just noticed that the doors have a screw on the inside door handle, I will have to remove those so i can unmount the whole panel. I never saw that darn screw becuase it was hidden on a top corner of the handle and plus i never got low enough to view the whole inside of that thing.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yeah, remove that screw that's inside the door handle first. then SLOWLY pull it out and away from the door panel. i must emphasise that you need to be very slow and careful with this, cause the inner door handles break very easily. after you've pulled it away, look inside the hole where it was, and try to find a small metal rod that it's attached to. once you've seen that (it's hard to describe, but it's attached to the inner face of the handle), just slowly pull the handle off the rod (i forget if you have to pull up or down though), and it should come right off. do the reverse to put the damn thing back on (which i know is a pain in the ass).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.