Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Do you like the Insight? Would you like to see one done-up?

• Yes, but not done-up

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Yes, id like to see one done up

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, their ugly as hell

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • No, but i wouldnt mind seeing one done-up

Votes: 9 26.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dooooood i just recently saw an inisight in person, (seein how im out in nowhere) those are sweet lil cars, id like to see someone put some 18 er 19's on it and maybe a bodykit just to see how it would look :D lol but i dont think that you could really do much performace wise...... :confused:

im thinkin of gettin one and puttin some nice wheels on it and maybe some top-notch audio, kinda like "a rare no-one would do but this vehicles kinda nice" type

· Registered
303 Posts
Much agreed. nice way to put it. Blaze

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i understand, if i bought one i wouldnt do anything to the engine except appearence wise, id rather save money than race in it...lol....i know of one thing tho......if i bought one id go straight to the body shop and get that rear wheelwell filler thingie shaved up and out, unless it looked good with the wheels

· Registered
69 Posts
I would love to see someone throw a B18C Motor into a Insight...add wings to it and maybe it'll fly...(I wonder how good it'll do?) :)

· Registered
281 Posts
The covers on the rear wheels contribute to its awesome aerodynamics. This car is lighter than almost anything out there (in USA). The car was designed from the ground up for efficency.

The car does not have much torque at all, larger rims will kill the accelleration of an already weak car.

I would love to see somebody put a B series engine in it.

Only if Honda would put this technology into a sports car. There was a concept car Honda created called the Dualnote. It has a 300hp i-VTEC 3.5L engine for the rear wheels and a 100hp IMA

· Registered
281 Posts
The covers on the rear wheels contribute to its awesome aerodynamics. This car is lighter than almost anything out there (in USA). The car was designed from the ground up for efficency.

The car does not have much torque at all, larger rims will kill the accelleration of an already weak car.

I would love to see somebody put a B series engine in it.

Only if Honda would put this technology into a sports car. There was a concept car Honda created called the Dualnote. It has a 300hp i-VTEC 3.5L engine for the rear wheels and a 100hp IMA electric engine for the front wheels. Maybe within 5-10 years we will see something like that.

In the future, while Subaru and Mitsubishi use turbos to make their cars more powerful, Honda (and Toyota) are using IMA to make their cars more powerful and fuel efficient. Right now IMA technology is in its infancy. We will see IMA capable of delivering 100+hp boosts.

The Insight is an awesome car inside and out. If it was not for the weak engine under the hood, you would mistake it for a 2 seater sports car.

· Registered
281 Posts
carb0 said:
whats ima? :confused:
IMA = Integrated Motor Assist

Its an electric motor mounted on the flywheel to give the gas motor a boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.