Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i can do this? i know the b series will fit into an eg but will i need any type of swap axles,or swap shift linkage ? the other question is will i need a obd1-obd2 jumper harness for my ecu and is that all ill need for the ecu set up? if anyone has sum help for me it would be great thanks........

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
90civhatch88 said:
i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i can do this? i know the b series will fit into an eg but will i need any type of swap axles,or swap shift linkage ? the other question is will i need a obd1-obd2 jumper harness for my ecu and is that all ill need for the ecu set up? if anyone has sum help for me it would be great thanks........
axels and everything will work just fine.....unless your current tranny is a cable tranny. but i don't thin it is. anyway, if i were you i'd not worry about getting the obd2 to work like obd2. you can use your stock harness for everything.....besides running wires for vtec, it will have open spots for it.....and get a DelSol vtec ecu. which is obd1, so you don;t need the conversion harness.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Do NOT use an OBD2 ecu, you will have trouble. Your harness is missing several things required by OBD2. Plus those ecu's are not chippable/tunable and also do require the added expense of a conversion harness.

The ecu you use depends on what engine you are putting in. There are alot of "B-series" to choose from: 1.6, 1.8, 2.0...VTEC, non-VTEC...
What swap are you putting in? chances are you can just pick up a corresponding OBD1 version for that motor, or just keep your stock one and chip it with a program for that engine. If your stock ecu is a P28 or P06 those are good to work with. (also, what stock engine do you have???)

Also, if you get anything from a Teg your mounts will be fine that come on the swap. If you get 99-00 Si or a CRV swap you will need to change a few things. I think any b-series linkage other than Del Sol will work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.