Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my da integ lowered and the rear tires buttfly, gonna get rear lower control arms and wondering if its a diy project and if it is easy to do. any tips would be greatly appreciated ^o^

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
tike80 said:
i had my da integ lowered and the rear tires buttfly
Come again??

Why are you getting new LCAs? The LCA bolt is a huge pain in the ass to get off.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Put PB Break or some equivalent rust/antiseizing compound all over the bolts, the head and the end sticking out the front. Do this for a couple of hours/days, whatever. Take the old bolts out, I recommend having 4 new bolts to put back in from Honda, odds are your going to break a few. Put everything back together. The four I had trouble with were the ones at the bottom of the strut and where the LCA meets up with the rear subframe. I had to replace 3 of the 4 bolts. I coated the new ones in antiseize cream and put them back in to help with removal (if I ever have to again).

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
White98LS said:
Come again??

Why are you getting new LCAs? The LCA bolt is a huge pain in the ass to get off.

I don't understand why you want to replace the lower ones also. You may need the SPC rear upper adjustable control arm. That will help you adjust to get rid of the butterfly (whatever that is?) Personally, I like to keep the butterflies around, girls seem to like them....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.