Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the indiglow and everything is working. its just dat the speedometer and the rpm doesnt seem to work right. the rpm for sure doesnt work right at all. i reset the ecu by pulling the ecu fuse and it still have the same problem. :mad:

· Registered
908 Posts
The center of the gauge there is a black cover (where the needle starts). The cover is rubbing on the indiglo covers. You have to take off the cap and shave the bottom off so it doesn't rub on the indiglo covers. After you shave it, it probably won't clip on so you have to super glue it on. When you super glue, leave the plastic cover off (dont assemble the gauges) for a while untill the glue dries. The fumes will make all the finger prints apper.

Good luck.

· Registered
236 Posts
i dont know what kind of guages u got but mine just slid right under the needle and i just put the 2 black screws in. no glue is needed, also reseting ur ecu will do nothin. ur needles are stuck on ur gauges. make sure they are flat and are completely under the larger black portion under the needle.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
The non-pointy part of the needle sticks DOWN further (closer to the gauge face) to counterbalance the needle. It's probably pressed against the indiglo face, and thus can't move. I had the same problem with my Tach the first time (shit, the indiglo gauges were definitely my most difficult mod)

Of course, I broke my water temp gauge too, and had to order a new one from Honda. $96, cha ching!!! :p

· Registered
3,192 Posts
do not take off your needles! if thats what that one dood means by the black cover where the needle starts. my needle flew off my rpm guage when i was rear ended really hard. ever since that day my rpm readings havent been the same. i just got this from the junkyard hope it fixes my problem.

· Registered
2,085 Posts
stay away from super glue... they are bad.... it gets bumpy...

use 3m 2 sided tape, the thin kind, that'll do wonders, but it will lift in the winter... so weaht u gotta do to supplement that is to fork your needles. Get a fork, and pull ur needle up a bit. that will help. Just a bit, like 3-5 mms

· Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya..i kinda figured it out already and put doublesided tape on dat bytch and everything works great, except..i dunno if im just tripin but my speed0meter moves really slow like i woul gas it from 0 and it wouldnt even move for like a second. i think im just tripin up though..lol:D

· Registered
20 Posts
Been there, done that. NO!!!! your double side tape would only work for a few months, after that it would loose its ahesiveness and u will have that problem again. What u need to do is pull the needle a few mm away from the black surface. That will definitely solve your rubbing problem. But u must be careful when you pull the needle out. Do not pull the needle entirely out of the assembly. If you do that, there is a chance your (needle rpm) will not match the real rpm. So becareful how hard you pull or fork the needle out.

· Registered
2,085 Posts
windcloud5 said:
Been there, done that. NO!!!! your double side tape would only work for a few months, after that it would loose its ahesiveness and u will have that problem again. What u need to do is pull the needle a few mm away from the black surface. That will definitely solve your rubbing problem. But u must be careful when you pull the needle out. Do not pull the needle entirely out of the assembly. If you do that, there is a chance your (needle rpm) will not match the real rpm. So becareful how hard you pull or fork the needle out.
hahaha. thanks for reapeating what I just said

but there are 2 types of 3m tapes. There is the Permanent and the removable. Get the permanent one, it's much stronger. ANd even better is this thing called carpet tape. U can get it at a homedepot or lowes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.