Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I work for a Viper dealer and install 791's all the time, I also have one on my Teg. Let me know what you are having problems with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually...i still haven't bought the alarm yet....but i want to know if i can install it myself, if i haven't installed any alarm before...but i'm on budget so want to have it install by meself

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's all common sense that and a basic understanding of electronics. Anyone could it, just need a good multimeter and patience. Honda are probably the easiest to do, better than GM's and all their databus crap.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
It would be best to get some friend to help you who has done this before because you will likely have some questions. It is very easy for people like us who do this a lot but for a first timer putting in a 791 it can be a very difficult task. I haven't installed a DEI unit in a long time but from what I remember all DEi units have to tach and don't have voltage check for rs?

·
Registered
255 Posts
791 are pretty easy, just go and get a directechs on-line. The way i do alarms it make it easy is go find all the wiries you need to tap in to first then go to the bench and wire up the alarm and go from their. Doing a clutch by-pass on hondas with manual trannys are easy to so a first time install should take 4-6 hrs

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Honestly, I'd say to have a dealer install it for you. Most dealers give you a lifetime warranty on the install of the alarm, and you'll get the full warranty from DEI as well.

Plus, I've seen some alarm installs by people who haven't done any before, and most can be bypassed in a matter of seconds, leaving your car completely vulnerable to theft. I Wouldn't really reccommend using a place that crimps their connections on their alarms either. Those connections usually include T-taps which are easily unplugged. Personally i solder every connection in an alarm.

Just some ideas I have about alarm installations.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
how much does it cost for a good install ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts