Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to another post and found where someone with little knowledge was going to install a Viper 791. The funny thing is I came in here to find some help with the SAME alarm :D . Anyways I am electronicly inclined. I need a diagram for the wires that need to be tapped for the alarm and a basic step by step. I do car audio installs allot so if my 94 Accord is that easy I should just handle it. Where can I get more info? Also I should note, I lost the manual for the alarm but it should be easy to find online. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
535 Posts
12volts white + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Accessory yellow + ignition harness
Power Lock black/white - gry conn. above fuse box in blu tape
Power Unlock orange - gry conn. above fuse box in blu tape
Parking Lights+ red/black + fuse box, blue plug
Notes: Also a male blade terminal is available in the fusebox DKP.
Door Trigger black/white - gray plug right of column
Dome Supervision use door trigger wire
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange - gray plug right of column
Tachometer blue ac distributor
Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch
Horn Trigger blue/red or green/blue - horn switch

install manual

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_01-05.pdf

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I forgot about this thread and just ran into it again. I think I am going to tackle this Friday. Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks alot I truly appreciate the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a viper 791vx on a 90 hatch. i'm fairly certain the installer f'ed something up cuz ever since the install my cornerlights come on when i press the brake, and when i turn the cornerlights on the brake lights stay on. i have pulled just about every wire under the dash relating to the alarm and can't really find where something would be wired wrong. i've compared the viper manual to a haynes manual. i took out the fuse box and saw wires half-assed spliced to other wires and two wires tapped together. any theories or guesses as to why i am having these lighting would help a ton. tia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts