Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I registered here because I am looking for some advice. I am really not sure weather you guys will be able to help but this seems to be a rather active forum, the most active of those found throug Google.

I have a 1990 Honda Civic DX Sedan. I really like the car. It is still running perfect with 342,000 miles on it. That includes the original clutch and every major component except for the alternator. The reliability of this car has kept me in awe for a long time. To top it off, it averages around 42 MPG.

The problem I have, and it is quite a problem, is that this car is absolute torture to drive in the summer. Here in Washington State, summers are quite hot. Actually, it doesn't even take hot weather to make this car miserable to drive. Ten minutes under a partially sunny sky will raise the interior temperature to uncomfortably high levels. I don't like driving with the windows down. It doesn't help much anyway.

So, I am trying to find out how feasible it is, if at all, to install an AC system in this car. I have been unable to find much information on this. I assume that the OEM AC parts can be purchased either new, refurbished, or from junk yards. I noticed that the AC switch in the dash is already wired. Is most of the wiring already there? What parts would a project like this require?

Am I crazy?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.