Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i need help installing my cd player in my 95 accord. I had car toys put one in about 6 months ago, but I got a better on from a friend, and would just like to save some money and do this myself. I already have the adapter kit and all the wiring. So im basically asking, what do i need to take apart? and what screws need to come out? thanks.

· Registered
28 Posts
Open the lid on the center console and lift the flap in the bottom, remove the 2 screws. Lift the rear of the console and pull it back enough to expose the two screws holding the front of the console down, remove them. Remove the ash tray and remove the screw in the back of the ash tray housing. The front part of the console should then be loose, pull it back and then remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the radio. Don't hold me to this exactly, this is just from memory.

· Registered
261 Posts
That's pretty much it, but don't forget there's a screw on each side of the console near the back that's kind of hard to get at because of the seats. Then, there's also that one screw that's kind of on an angle underneath the cup holder.

· Registered
3,062 Posts
hey..i've removed my dash at least 5 times so far..so here it goes

1. lift center console and with a flathead lift the rectangular plastic at the bottom. unscrew the 2 screws
2. recline driver and passenger seats back..look for the 2 screws next to belt buckle. i'm not sure if these do anyhting
3. lift cup holders and unscrew the angled screw at the top (not the 2 screws at the bottom)
4. pull ebrake up and remove center console
5. look for the two screws holding the black piece down..it's at the end of the black piece by the ebrake. unscrew
6. remove ashtray and look deep inside for a screw. unscrew
7. remove the whole black piece and unplug the three wires (ashtray light, clock, hazard)
8. to rmove the stereo, unscrew two silver screws at the very bottom of the stereo

viola! start installing. if you want to save 10 bucks, go to installdr.com and go to quick wiring diagram..cut, colormatch, and connect the wires ghetto style if you dont have a solder. have fun!

· Registered
176 Posts
the two screws that are a bitch to get to by the seats don't do anything important when taking the dash apart for installing radio or shortshifter or etc...

· Registered
261 Posts
That's true as well. There are little things that stick out of the floor hump that those screws go into. Just leave them out, they're a bitch to get at and if you're like most people you'll take this all apart another dozen times at least. They're not real important and doesn't hurt to leave them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.