Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm new to the forum and I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me. I just bought a 91 Civic hatchback and I love it :) The only thing is that it has no power steering and when I test drove another one with PS I realised I really want it! I was told this car comes with the option of PS, that I can buy a pump to install. Since my last car was a 68 bug, I have no idea how to do this.

Is it possible to have this done, and how much do you think a good mechanic would charge me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I don't even think any EF chassis cars(88-91 Civic or CRX) came with Power Steering. Anything is possible with enough money. But I don't there is a "bolt-in" PS setup like there would be for say a 92-95 or 96-00 Civic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny thing is, I drove an 88 with PS, and someone told me her 91 came with PS too...

I was kinda wondering what kind of money it would be, I guess. Right now parking in a tight spot is getting tricky...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.